Thread: Have they stopped making crinkly store-brand diapers?

Question Have they stopped making crinkly store-brand diapers?

I ran out of Bambinos, but i still had some quadro stuffers, so I went to the store to pick up some crappy brief-style diapers I could put the stuffers in until I get some more real diapers. I couldn't find anything except crappy pull-up ones! I remember using those before, and they're basically no more protection than a sock in a garbage back. Do incontinent people actually rely on these? Have they stopped making even the crappy, thin kinds of real, crinkly briefs?

Also, are there any retail locations where you can buy "premium" diapers, or is it only through the mail?

If you are hurting for money and buy the store brand then no they are usually made to be discreet. Most day time products are made to be discreet in every way. I wouldnt want them to make noise. But I buy the premium stuff that is made for men and they are as discreet as they get. If you want noise you need the night time specific products and briefs, because they are usually made to be super absorbant and utilitarian. Store brand breifs are now made with cloth like outer materials which tend to rip, tear and soak through. They suck. Depends are the best your gonna get at a drugstore usually and they make noise, but if you are covered up like I am (boxers over and then PJs) they dont make much noise. Incontinence isnt something I want to make known to the world.

Wal-Mart Assurance Brand, they are plastic with leg guards, elastic and are still plastic back. and they retail for around $10 for a bag of 16-20
    they are reasonably close to Attends 10 although slightly less absorbent. They are still comparable to Depends Max.
    At least the ones here in Colorado are still...

Quote Originally Posted by yourhuggies View Post
    Wal-Mart Assurance Brand, they are plastic with leg guards, elastic and are still plastic back. and they retail for around $10 for a bag of 16-20
    they are reasonably close to Attends 10 although slightly less absorbent. They are still comparable to Depends Max.
    At least the ones here in Colorado are still...
    I recently procured a package of Assurance. Maybe it's the difference in states or something, but the ones that I found here were cloth backed (Though I don't really know how you can even call it cloth. It's more like paper), though still reasonable bulky and crinkly.

I was able to wear one of my new purchases around some friends of mine without them noticing. Though, we were being loud teenagers and I wasn't moving all that much, plus I made extra sure to keep my shirt down low. Maybe they're less discreet and little paranoid Milla just made it so they seemed good? I guess it's more or less situational.

Bottom line: If you want something crinkly that's store brand, Assurance is probably your best bet.

If you can still find them stock up on the plastic ones. They've gone 'cloth backed' around here since a few years ago. They're overpriced now and have no leak guards or waist bands. I would suspect that few people buy them from the stores that you find them in, so when they run out, that's it.

Look for the manufactured date on the package and let us know if they're gone for good.

Butterfly Mage

The Wal-Mart in my area only stocks the ghastly "disposable underwear" which is just about useless. (Gee... I want to take my shoes off and my pants off in a public restroom stall in order to change my diaper? Yeah, great design.)