Thread: PSP unbricking?

Question PSP unbricking?

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? My friend has a PSP he bought bricked from another friend (Yes. This is a real life 'friend of a friend' scenario. The friends are not just a metaphor for me.) and he's having me unbrick it... thing is, the tutorial may not work well for me because my PSP is not hacked. Is there a way to unbrick a PSP with these materials?

• PS3
    • Windows XP computer
    • PSP (6.20 firmware (iirc))
    • PSP (bricked)
    • Memory Stick Duo (32 mb)
    • Memory Stick Duo (16 mb)
    • USB cable (USB to USB Mini)
    • Pandora's Battery

For that matter, is there a way to unbrick a PSP that doesn't involve a hacked PSP? (I would so much rather not bring the PSP to a sony store... DIY is more interesting (and less expensive :|))

The only reason you'd need a hacked PSP is to make a battery (which you already have) and to make a magic memory stick (which can be made without one, just with more effort)
    I forgot exactly how to make one without a hacked PSP, but..
    Try looking for Pandora creator or Magic Memory Stick no hacked PSP on google.
    I'll go look on Google real quick and edit my post if I find something.

I already found a program (PSP Grader) that makes the magic memory stick.

My friend got Pandora's Battery and I think it's hard-modded so I have to keep the Time Machine IPL (...?) on some sort of memory stick inside of the PSP for it to start up. Otherwise, unbricked yay.

This is kind of awkward... I'm not sure how to continue this thread... or how to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSauce View Post
    I already found a program (PSP Grader) that makes the magic memory stick.

My friend got Pandora's Battery and I think it's hard-modded so I have to keep the Time Machine IPL (...?) on some sort of memory stick inside of the PSP for it to start up. Otherwise, unbricked yay.

This is kind of awkward... I'm not sure how to continue this thread... or how to end it.
    I guess all you need to do is let it die then, sorry I wasn't able to help more, and I'm glad you figured it out.
    Enjoy the hacked PSP as well.