Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi, new here

Default hi, new here

i'm so glad i found this site! so far i was always thinking i'm an absolute freak!

now i want to properly introduce myself:
    i'm lisa, 26 and live in germany. i guess i'm a dl since i like to wear diapers but am not into the baby stuff. talking about these kind of things is absolutely new for me, i've never so far told anybody (in real world and internet) of my "secret". since english is not my mother tongue i'm not sure how to phrase things. but i read through some posts earlier on and you all seem so nice and supportive, i'm sure you'll help me along!
    i'd say my dl side goes back to childhood, when i was about 11 or 12, i nicked diapers every once in a while and got a thrill out of using them. needless to say that i was very cautious and never let anybody find out about it. when i went to college (and had my own flat) i got into diapers some more, but at the same time hated what i did. right now i live with my fiance (who doesn't know this side of me). i love him with all my heart, i know he is absolutely the right guy for me, but somehow i just can't tell him.
    i'm still pretty confused, feel extremely guilty about me loving diapers and on the other side just can't get away from it. i'm just so glad i could convince myself to register here, since i'm absolutely shy. hope you'll help me feel better about myself!
    So far for now. feel free to ask if you have questions!

lisa

hello and welcome ^.^ I know how you feel, only the internet knows about my dl side. and Germany, wow I wish I could go there some day

hello lisa. Guten tag. This is a great support site that will help you in finding you are not alone and accepted. There are ab/dl/tb/fb/ic on here so everyone is welcome. I am an IC but do know the confusion about the whole diaper thing. My wife has accepted it and is supportive. This place will help you decide for yourself how you want to handle your situation. There are people that have been through what you are going through. And dont beat yourself up over the fact your a DL. Remember differant strokes for differant folks. People like all sorts of things and DL is not as bad as anything else. Im into some kinky stuff and I dont feel like a freak and neither should you. If you ever need a friend, hit me up. And welcomen to the site!

Welcome to ADISC =) Lisa. Im glad you found this place too cause it looks to me like you could use some support and guidance and this is the perfect place to find that regarding anything that has to do with diapers.

I know how you feel about having someone in your life who you are completely in love with and dedicated to but can't seem to tell them about this side of you. Its hard everyday to keep it from them and keep it to your self but you fear how things could change your relationship for you two and how it might change how they would view you. It might be right to tell it might not be, its a personal decision up to you based on the relationship, but never-the-less you should try your best to come to terms with your own needs because like Gizmoman said "different strokes for different folks", this isn't by-far the worst thing you could be into in life=) so try and not feel guilty.

And speaking of which what are some of the other things that make your world go round ? , you might find you have a lot more in common with the people on this site then you might realize, i mean we're not freaks or anything, just normal people like the next man =P

Hi Lisa, I already made comment on your other post, but I'd like to welcome you here on ADISC. It's fantastic that you've found probably the very best of the ABDL communities to share your thoughts with. Don't feel bad about your liking towards diapers. We all have unusual desires. Wearing diapers is very much a harmless activity in the grand scheme of things. I hope to see plenty of your posts.

Thanks to all for your kind words! The more I think about it and the more I read in this forum the more I get the feeling I eventually did the right thing in registering here. Can't even tell you how hard that was for me, even though I don't know y'all in person. I never thought I could talk about that stuff at all. Well, obviousliy I'm able to surprise myself! For my first post I had to look up quite a few words as well. I do get along with normal english conversation quite well, but how should one know all those dl - related words? For most I don't even know how you'd say it in German! (Doesn't help when you're trying to say something!)

I guess I've kind of accepted the fact that I'm drawn to diapers in some way. I just so much hope you'll help me with getting over the feeling guilty, freaky and weird part. You're right, there probably are far worse things in the world than liking diapers. At least I'm healthy, do have a guy I love and who loves me the same way, have work, etc ...! Nevertheless I feel like a freak

Squishy asked about other "normal life" things I like, so here it goes:I like dancing, hiking, cooking and reading a lot. Every once in a while I'll go to the movies with friends. It only sucks that US-films get on here so much later than in the US! I went almost crazy when waiting for "new moon". Anyone else here who likes the twilight series? Trust me to be 100% Bella when it comes to blushing And, as some of you already saw in my other post, I recently found out I'm pregnant. Well, might turn out to be a quite time consuming "hobby" before long.....!
    Well, looking at my hobbies I'd say: nothing freaky there

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    i'm so glad i found this site! so far i was always thinking i'm an absolute freak!
    Well first of all, you seem to me a perfectly normal person with one unusual kink. You are pretty rational, and, btw, speak excellent English. When I say normal what I mean is no signs of mental issues, like autism, severe depression, or any other of the troubles that many around here are afflicted with. In fact I have seen others with similar issues to your own who handled them far less calmly... We have some "coming out" threads you might like to see...

now i want to properly introduce myself:
    i'm lisa, 26 and live in germany. i guess i'm a dl since i like to wear diapers but am not into the baby stuff.
    Me too. It is harder to have an object fetish (I believe) than a behaviour that goes with it: it is more difficult to make sense of it, and to find ways of getting satisfaction out of it. Like, say, if you like to cross-dress and roleplay being a woman, you have a way to enjoy that particular kink; if you simply "like" the clothing but don't wear it, there is not much you can do but collect it or look at it. If a person likes to ageplay, diapers naturally follow; but I can understand how it is strange to simply "like" to be in a diaper (or leather or rubber or lace or whatever the preferred item happens to be.)

talking about these kind of things is absolutely new for me, i've never so far told anybody (in real world and internet) of my "secret". since english is not my mother tongue i'm not sure how to phrase things. but i read through some posts earlier on and you all seem so nice and supportive, i'm sure you'll help me along!
    i'd say my dl side goes back to childhood, when i was about 11 or 12, i nicked diapers every once in a while and got a thrill out of using them. needless to say that i was very cautious and never let anybody find out about it. when i went to college (and had my own flat) i got into diapers some more, but at the same time hated what i did.
    All of the above is pretty common to us all; having something secret (and personal, and especially something hard to make sense of) can lead to feelings of guilt; unless you are fully reconciled to being "different" - as I did early on, though didn't much care for being set apart, not fitting into groups, and so on - having an oddness is a hard thing to accept.

right now i live with my fiance (who doesn't know this side of me). i love him with all my heart, i know he is absolutely the right guy for me, but somehow i just can't tell him.
    I am happy you are so happy with the guy... I have a feeling he will be accepting of you and your... interests... down the road, when you feel ready to bring it up... I can think of a few strategies to bring it up, later, and in a gradual way, if you are interested.

i'm still pretty confused, feel extremely guilty about me loving diapers and on the other side just can't get away from it. i'm just so glad i could convince myself to register here, since i'm absolutely shy. hope you'll help me feel better about myself!
    Well we ARE a support site. First of all - you are among friends, and friends who have many feelings and experiences in common. Second, I hope you will stay around here: because you will discover that there are many people here - who, like yourself - are pretty normal other than our particular kink: and there are other people here who are not normal at all, kink or no kink. This will prove to you that you can be perfectly "normal" overall despite being thrilled by wearing diapers, or having another unusual quirk.

I hope this helps:

yes individual kinks may be unusual, enjoyed by a small chunk of the population. But I reckon the vast majority of the population enjoys SOMETHING a little out of the way, a little unusual: in other words, a kink may be unusual, but being kinky is not. How is it really that much different if someone enjoys dressing as a cheerleader, hooker, policewoman, superhero, or equestrian? What about bondage, especially in its mild forms? Or spanking? Any of these may be a person's "thing" -

so it is normal to be abnormal if you will.

But please: when I say abnormality, I DO NOT MEAN an unhealthiness, or any sort of bad thing. Most people like to go for walks; some go for long walks; and some wander off in the woods for weeks on end: and as long as they have the skills to survive, and enjoy it, and have come to terms with their need to get away from it all from time to time, this is all well and good.

Some people are atheist; others religious, to a "normal" extent but don't devote their lives to it. But there are people who DO live in isolation, have vows of chastity or silence, and pray most of the day; they too are odd, but odd in a way that people accept.

I truly believe the secret is not to regard diapers as good or bad; the secret is to come to terms with yourself, to get comfortable in your own skin, and enjoy the things that make you happy, without guilt.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 08-Jan-2010 at 08:14.

Welcome Lisa, I think your feelings about diapers are fairly common among dls. If you can tell your fiance it might avoid him getting an unexpected surprise one day if he finds you in a diaper, or if he comes across your diaper stash by accident. The book 'My Secret Garden' by Nancy Friday could be quite a good conversation starter.

Welcome to ADISC! Do you have any hobbies or interests? Hope you enjoy this site and its helpful and supportive community! Peace and Love

If you can tell your fiance it might avoid him getting an unexpected surprise one day if he finds you in a diaper, or if he comes across your diaper stash by accident.
    Well, that's definitely true. But so far I just can't tell him. To avoid the situation you described I'm very careful when wearing diapers. Mostly I'll wear when I'm not at home and change at public restrooms. At home I only wear when I'm dead sure he won't be home for at least another 2 hours. And as for my stash: I keep it little and have it quite well hidden. But of course one can never be 100% sure.

I truly believe the secret is not to regard diapers as good or bad; the secret is to come to terms with yourself, to get comfortable in your own skin, and enjoy the things that make you happy, without guilt.
    So true! I'm working on it! Hope I'll manage it at some point. You all help me a lot with that task!