Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pregnant and dl

Default pregnant and dl

hi,
    as you can see this is my first post and i'm not sure how to start. well, i wouldn't post at all if i was not so desperate for help. i guess i'll skip most of the introduction stuff, just a little background information: about 5 years back i really got into dl, but tried to quit after i moved in with my fiance (then boyfriend) 2 years ago since he wasn't to know anything about it. i threw away all (almost all ...) my diapers (such a waste!). a few weeks ago i couldn't help it anymore, took out the remaining diapers, even got new ones, hid them pretty good since i still didn't tell my fiance about it.

now the problem:
    i recently discovered that i'm pregnant. really early stage, and i'm absolutely happy. i just am so afraid it might hurt the unborn if i keep living my dl side as well. who can help me? can my wet diapers be bad for my baby? what (worst case) could happen? i don't want to have a miscarriage or anything! i as well want to have a healthy child and do all i can for it. i have no idea who else to ask, nobody knows i'm a dl. please help!

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    hi,
    as you can see this is my first post and i'm not sure how to start. well, i wouldn't post at all if i was not so desperate for help. i guess i'll skip most of the introduction stuff, just a little background information: about 5 years back i really got into dl, but tried to quit after i moved in with my fiance (then boyfriend) 2 years ago since he wasn't to know anything about it. i threw away all (almost all ...) my diapers (such a waste!). a few weeks ago i couldn't help it anymore, took out the remaining diapers, even got new ones, hid them pretty good since i still didn't tell my fiance about it.

now the problem:
    i recently discovered that i'm pregnant. really early stage, and i'm absolutely happy. i just am so afraid it might hurt the unborn if i keep living my dl side as well. who can help me? can my wet diapers be bad for my baby? what (worst case) could happen? i don't want to have a miscarriage or anything! i as well want to have a healthy child and do all i can for it. i have no idea who else to ask, nobody knows i'm a dl. please help!
    Congratulations!

It strikes me that there are two issues here.

First, the physical side of the issue. While I consider it unlikely that wearing a wet diaper could harm your baby, I am not a medical professional. You might wish to check with a doctor about this. A urinary tract infection might be problematic, so that might be something to bear in mind.

Second, there is the emotional side. This has two components. First, what does it say about your relationship that your fiance doesn't know you are a DL? There are people on the site who told their spouses after getting married, in some cases waiting years. For some of them it has worked; for others the experience has not been so reassuring. For me, I wouldn't want to marry someone without telling them about this first. You might want to think about whether you can open yourself up to your fiance about this at some point, but when you're pregnant it might be more stress and trouble than you could possibly handle.

The other component of the emotional side is actually raising a child. You have to exercise caution and discretion to continue engaging in ABDL practices when you have a child. There are people on this site who have done so, and can give you better advice than I. You do not want to get your child involved in any way, shape, or form with what is either a fetish or a form of roleplaying.

To sum, speak to a doctor about the physical side of this--better absolutely sure than sorry, and he cannot tell your fiance anything unless you give your permission. Consider speaking to your husband about the emotional side. You can address the practical issues that arise when you are an ABDL parent raising a child later.

Edit: Also, welcome to ADISC! I hope you find it as welcoming and friendly a community as I have. Why don't you post an introduction to tell us a little more about yourself?

I wonder if the hormone changes associated with pregnancy triggered the resurgence of you diaper lust? Just thinking out loud. Knowing that might make it easier to keep in perspective and in check.

I'm not qualified to judge any potential physical risks, althought it would seem UTI's would be an obvious one. Paranoid that I am, if it were me, I'd quit for the duration of the pregnancy just to be safe. Once the baby is born, you'll be too busy to even think about diapers. For you, anyway.

I've known women who got incontinent during pregnancy. There's not anything going on on the outside that's going to harm your baby. Just get cleaned up when you deliver (and the woman I know had a fecal accident in the delivery room!)

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    (and the woman I know had a fecal accident in the delivery room!)
    That's not uncommon. Childbirth is much nastier than TV and movies would have you believe.

Congrats, children will keep you life interesting.

I recommend you think about revealing your secret to your husband, a marriage that keeps secrets from each other will have problems.
    You will not be happy if you give it up or keep your secret forever.
    It is better to find out what your husband thinks about it sooner rather than having him find out you have been hiding something from him for 20 yrs.

Being a DL while pregnant may be of great benefit, since many women have a lot of urgency issues in the later stages of pregnany.
    As the baby gets bigger there is a lot less room for your bladder to fill up, and sometimes the baby will push on the bladder giving you the sudden urge to pee.
    One of the things pregnant women complain about is the need to go to the bathroom all the time, like every ten minutes.
    If you wear a diaper, that won't be an issue.
    Many women have incontinence issues during and after pregnacy.
    A diaper has the least amount of medical risk of all treatments for incontinence, so a doctor will find it perfectly reasonable to wear a diaper out of concern for the baby's health instead of trying drugs.

LilLillyKitten

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    I've known women who got incontinent during pregnancy. There's not anything going on on the outside that's going to harm your baby. Just get cleaned up when you deliver (and the woman I know had a fecal accident in the delivery room!)
    That's actually fairly common...

Hey Lisa i actually just got finished posting on your introduction thread which i thought came before this one for you but never-the-less....

Welcome(again) to ADISC and let me Now say Congratulations on your soon to be child, im very happy for you =)

As for your two questions my opinions are thus: You will most likely do no physical harm to your un-born child by wearing diapers granted you wear responsibly, which means of course that you change and clean regularly and properly. Enjoy your self because its something you CAN do unlike smoking and drinking =P

And as for the emotional half of this concern, i believe that your in-decision to tell or not tell your soon to be husband is a personal choice and i can completely understand it as i said in your other thread.

Its something that is hard to talk about especially if you have mixed feelings and are insecure about it. If and when you do, you might find things easier or you might find things harder, there is no way to tell with out knowing the relationship. As for what other people said about "keeping secrets" i have to disagree. Every healthy relationship is occupied by two people and they are both entitled to their own separate lives in order to keep the relationship healthy, its just a basic necessity, which includes personal secrets that do not harm or jeopardize your significant other or the relationship... and diapers definitely do not put either at immediate harm or danger.

If you choose to keep it from your hubby then i would suggest keeping it from your child as well, for it could cause a confusion of issues to a young person and lead to personality issues and minor disorders later on. If you however choose to become open with it to your hubby you might want to work out a clear definition of what this desire truly means to you and how you might go about continuing to practice it , in a non-offensive and intrusive manner, so that you may culture it into a simple "life-style" decision that your child may be raised in with little to no effect. Secrets in this manner can have a lot more disastrous effects leading to things like lack of trust and independence issues.

Many women's sex drive in the first months of pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I wonder if the hormone changes associated with pregnancy triggered the resurgence of you diaper lust? Just thinking out loud. Knowing that might make it easier to keep in perspective and in check.

I'm not qualified to judge any potential physical risks, althought it would seem UTI's would be an obvious one. Paranoid that I am, if it were me, I'd quit for the duration of the pregnancy just to be safe. Once the baby is born, you'll be too busy to even think about diapers. For you, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindhca View Post
    Congrats, children will keep you life interesting.
    Haha, I like the matter of fact tone used here.

I'd like to agree with kevindhca, you need to tell your fiance about your DL side. I know it seems horrible and scary, but if you are marrying this man it is only a matter of time before he finds out. It's definately better to share now than be caught diapered or found out later down the track. From experience, it is not worth the pain of hiding it. The relief it will bring you to tell your fiance will be wonderful.

Congratulations on your soon to be bub.
    Last edited by Martin; 11-Jan-2010 at 20:54. Reason: fixed quote tags