Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Help

Default Guitar Help

Hey guys, i have a electric guitar that was moderately expensive, and it's sitting in the corner because i do not know how to play much. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site with easy-to-play songs and has help for beginners.

You should take lessons or buy a how to play book/guide. I hear it's pretty difficult to learn to play anything not-by-ear if you don't have either.

I mean, playing by ear is how I do things, but only after I've learned how to play the instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    You should take lessons or buy a how to play book/guide. I hear it's pretty difficult to learn to play anything not-by-ear if you don't have either.

I mean, playing by ear is how I do things, but only after I've learned how to play the instrument.
    Well, i got a book for Christmas with some songs in it, but i do not know how to read the notes well.

All i know is a few notes and chords.

Like I said. You should get a guide or lessons. If the book doesn't tell you what the tabs mean then it's not going to help you learn to read anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Like I said. You should get a guide or lessons. If the book doesn't tell you what the tabs mean then it's not going to help you learn to read anything else!

That's why i asked, i was seeing if anyone know of a site that has help.

In that case,

Let me google that for you

I think that the aid of a human being in learning is invaluable, though.

Hey Goodnight heres something i found, hope it helps Guitar

LilLillyKitten

Get a scale/chord book.

Like others have said, the best way (and in my opinion the only way if you want to make good progress) is to get weekly lessons. Beg your parents. Many schools offer lessons extra curricular, so ask around.

If not, buy a book that is called something along the lines of 'learn guitar from scratch'. There are many techniques involved that you can't get from a book with loads of sheet music and tabs. A book specifically tailored to beginners that guides you through and builds on your skills will be very helpful, as learning how to read sheet music and tabs is vital.