Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got pulled over by the police today.

Default I got pulled over by the police today.

I was out filming our light rail and I must admit I was kind of close to the tracks. I was trying to look at the train coming from the north (track further from me) when a train coming from the south came by and spooked me. The train operator blew his horn at me and I'm pretty sure he called into the transit police too to report a "suspicious character". After I took the video I kept on moving and noticed them across the street. I knew they were coming for me. Asked me why I was shaking so much (my jacket was open and we were getting a cold front today), why was I filming the train, etc.
    They told me I was too close to the tracks and I apologized and asked if I was free to go. They weren't even around when I filmed the train so somebody called in on me!

I always hated cops. The ones around my area are all assholes, since they just bother the teenage population because there's no crime.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGrizzy View Post
    I always hated cops. The ones around my area are all assholes, since they just bother the teenage population because there's no crime.

I see things haven't changed since I was a teen, you are the easyest target why do something difficult like preventing crime when you can annoy teens for having fun.

God knows they never did anything like that when they were kids, yeah sure!

The cops in my area have temperaments that seem to hint at either how bored they are or how lonely they are. If they're bored, they'll pull your ass over for the smallest things, like having a bent license plate (oops). Otherwise they'll leave you alone, except for the state patrol that roams I-80. They are almost like the well trained bloodhounds and other dogs they have with them. There was even a temporary checkpoint set up near a small town. Lots of treasure to be sniffed out, only it's not silver and gold.

Someone was doing their good deed for the day though .. too bad it was at your expense =(

Hey most police officers are people who love/abuse power(not all) but a lot .. they like to make themselves feel safe by being nosey!

Quote Originally Posted by Entity' View Post
    The cops in my area have temperaments that seem to hint at either how bored they are or how lonely they are. If they're bored, they'll pull your ass over for the smallest things, like having a bent license plate (oops). Otherwise they'll leave you alone, except for the state patrol that roams I-80. They are almost like the well trained bloodhounds and other dogs they have with them. There was even a temporary checkpoint set up near a small town. Lots of treasure to be sniffed out, only it's not silver and gold.
    The cops in my town will bust you for selling lemonade on the beach without a vendor's permit.

Also, Stateys are dicks.

Ive never had a run in with the police, on foot or in my car, so I cant say one way or another for the most part. I like the police in my town because they dont bother me and I love watching all the "gangsta thugs" get chased by the cops. ("Gangsta Thug: A white kid in his mid teens with pants around ankles, boxers on display, smoking/drinking, and thinks he is cool) What really pisses me off are the kids of State police. One of my friends from school got a ticket while on our way to the beach for prom weekend. She called her dad, and in about 15 min she drove to the police station that ticketed her and gave the ticket back, No fine, No slap on the wrist, Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    Ive never had a run in with the police, on foot or in my car, so I cant say one way or another for the most part. I like the police in my town because they dont bother me and I love watching all the "gangsta thugs" get chased by the cops. ("Gangsta Thug: A white kid in his mid teens with pants around ankles, boxers on display, smoking/drinking, and thinks he is cool) What really pisses me off are the kids of State police. One of my friends from school got a ticket while on our way to the beach for prom weekend. She called her dad, and in about 15 min she drove to the police station that ticketed her and gave the ticket back, No fine, No slap on the wrist, Nothing.
    To all the "gangstas" of the world:

Baggy pants, no highschool diploma and a pot fixation don't help you look cool, dumbshit.

I have been pulled over by cops, for many reasons: to tell me I had a half-flat tire, to be breathalized New Year's Eve (they were pulling over every 5th car,) mobile commercial vehicle inspection, even laser radar. You get used to the procedure: look calm, let them ask you for documents, be polite, do nothing sudden, etc. etc.

I have never had a reason to complain about how they treated me; and once or twice walked away from a potential ticket. Never had any problems when I was younger either.

Actually, the New Year's Eve occasion happened very many years ago... I was very enthusiastic, and treated it like a game, wanting to see the readout and such... It turns out they don't care for people who WANT to be breathalized and think it good fun...