Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CSI - Fur and Loathing

Default CSI - Fur and Loathing

For those who don't know, there was a CSI episodes involving furries, a convention, and obviously a murder. If you've seen it, what was your initial reaction, and what did you feel after watching it?

After the initial shock of the thought that a CRIME show was giving furries a bad rep, I couldn't help being mildly insulted, but at the same time amused by seeing what the director thought was furry fandom

"I didn't kill him. I was there for the yiffing, and nothing else!"

X3

EDIT: I never said I didn't chuckle a little through it! (man...) my feelings on this episode were just mixed
    Last edited by Legolas; 02-Jan-2010 at 22:12.

ok, you take offense to WAY too much stuff. You need to learn to mellow out a bit. And I miss your blog posts

But when I saw that episode it was the first time I had ever heard of furries and I was like "That's kind of weird, but as long as they keep to themselves then who cares?" that was years ago and since I've learned that furries are cooler than most people I know IRL. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DLDisturbed View Post
    ok, you take offense to WAY too much stuff. You need to learn to mellow out a bit. And I miss your blog posts

But when I saw that episode it was the first time I had ever heard of furries and I was like "That's kind of weird, but as long as they keep to themselves then who cares?" that was years ago and since I've learned that furries are cooler than most people I know IRL. lol
    Well SORRY that I'm just an over sensitive douche! I'm completely fine dude, I'm just saying how I felt

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Well SORRY that I'm just an over sensitive douche! I'm completely fine dude, I'm just saying how I felt
    Well geez, you kinda just proven his point... gotta relax. This isn't meant to insult you, it's meant to help you. If you worry about everything and get insulted so easily; you're going to cause yourself way too much stress and become a target for trolls.

It's just TV, it's goal is entertainment and shock value. It sucks, but people are always going to laugh at what's weird and different, and furries most certainly are weird and different. But that's okay. You need to just learn to laugh at yourself, because its not like the CSI episode is not without merit. There are furries who cross-dress, there are really ugly furries (which is abundant in any geekdom), and there are furries who are quite promiscuous with sex. Not all of us, but some do.

LilLillyKitten

Furs = funneh all around.

frankly I thought it was hilarious how wrong they got most stuff, and imo furs who get their panties in a twist over it have plainly forgotten that CSI is a tv show, fictional with a small spattering of scientific jargon to make it more believable, its just entertainment.

I'm hoping no one decides to jump into this thread on the butthurt angle, I've been a fur just over a year and I've seen this come up soo any times I'd be rich if I had a penny for each occasion

It's a god damn episode of CSI (although funny), learn to laugh at yourself a bit. I saw it and thought to myself: "sadly, this is very true for about half the fandom."

After the initial shock of the thought that a CRIME show was giving furries a bad rep, I couldn't help being mildly insulted
    Furries give furries a bad "rep," and you're part of the problem by taking everything to heart. This goes for all furs: stop whining about every little thing that doesn't portray the fandom in a positive light; not everyone is going to accept you, deal with it.

PsychedelicFox

I plan on watching this soon... seems interesting, other than giving us a bad name.

GaashaHuzzah

Oh well, they did the same thing with a DL, didn't they?

CSi is just a show that loosely hides the writers fetishes, get over it

I was already aware of furries when I saw that episode (I myself am not a furry). Also lets not forget the episode "King Baby" which I didn't actually see but have heard a lot about it. Then there was the episode on vampires and any other kink you can imagine including kinky life in general.

Also has anyone seen the geek hierarchy? furries are at the bottom... Jokes are going to come up at your expense but the same thing happens to everybody else. I've had people make diaper and baby jokes towards me altough that happens most often when people don't know I'm a little. The people that do know perform more point and wink kind of jokes that always get me nervous on purpose.