Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big uh oh for those who buy bambino (or other specialty diapers) with their real creditcard

Default A big uh oh for those who buy bambino (or other specialty diapers) with their real creditcard

How—and Why—to Conceal Naughty Credit Card Purchases - Money - Lifehacker

Now, this isn't a big concern, but it might be, so I decided to post it.

To sum up the article: Adult toys are considered risky behavior, no different than booze. And credit card companies flag people who do a lot of risky behavior. So if you buy bambinos a lot, you might be in trouble.

Now, this isn't a reason to stop buying bambinos, obviously. Prepaid cards are better, and I'm sure that most of you do that, but I still figured I'd toss this out here.

While I can see why it could be bad, it seems that many places that you order from use a discreet name that appears on your card. Even if you did order from some places that sell diapers, they aren't going to assume it's for a fetish (although Bambino would be harder to slide by). Really, there probably isn't anything to worry about.

What a nanny state we live in. What happened to having the freedom of buying what you want with no punishment? If the person can pay the bill what's the problem? If they think the identity has been stolen couldn't they just ask to make sure the holder of the card made the purchases?
    Last edited by DLTodd42; 02-Jan-2010 at 05:09.

Yeah. It's pretty fucking sick. Especially considering everyone has vices... especially people who write the laws.

Bambinos register as a medical products purchase on my card, not an adult entertainment one.

Quote Originally Posted by Possibly Insane View Post
    Yeah. It's pretty fucking sick. Especially considering everyone has vices... especially people who write the laws.
    Its not the government in this case, its the credit card companies. You're borrowing their money and they get to decide what they consider risky behavior.

Using difficult-to-trace purchasing methods is always a good idea for this sort of thing. Imagine if you ran for president someday and someone found out you bought a lot of Bambinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    So they are tracking my dildo use.

Nice!
    ROFL, I would hate to be the person who has that job, I could just picture sitting at a computer all day.....

December 20th - 1 12" King dong
    January 1st - 1 Ebony..........

They dont put that in the fine print!

Were has all our privacy gone?

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    ROFL, I would hate to be the person who has that job, I could just picture sitting at a computer all day.....

December 20th - 1 12" King dong
    January 1st - 1 Ebony..........

They dont put that in the fine print!

Were has all our privacy gone?
    december 26Multi color THOR!~

I'm calling shenanigans on this. Anything that comes out of the blogosphere with no other references to authoritative sources such as a newspaper should be viewed with skepticism. What shows up on your bill, is all the company knows about. It doesn't know what TBHG, INC. is. Just that I spent $72 dollars there once. So let's tone the hysteria down a few notches, hmmm?
    Last edited by dcviper; 02-Jan-2010 at 12:22. Reason: not sure what a "nothes" is... d'oh