Thread: Need some help!

Default Need some help!

I am having trouble concentrating on my AP Micro Economics. Basically the holidays fucked me over and i got off track and now I need to husel the fuck up if I want to pass this course. I used to be great at it, but the last section screwed me over and I just lost the momentum to work.

So, I need help here people! How can I stay concentrated on the subject at hand? Are there drugs I can take that makes me focus? Should I beat myself until the job at hand is finished? I just need some methods to get me focused and back into fucking shape!!!

Ban yourself to remove the ADISC instruction, and eliminate any distraction available. Drugs only add complications and side effects that will arrive later. As this must be an continuing struggle until the AP Exams in May. How much is the workload?

about 4 assignments, at max 6. I guess in retrospect it isn't a WHOLE lot, but it is enough to get my anxiety going.

Stay off of the computer sites until you have done the work necessary to pass with dignity. When i was taking pre-calculus, I made a little sign on Power Point. It said, "What Ever it Takes". That's what you must do. If you don't do this, I'm going to diaper discipline you! Shame and humiliation will follow. Just kidding..haha. Now go to work.

Look, some people can focus better while listening to music, some people focus better while caffeinated (me), and so and so forth - it really depends on the person. At the end of the day though, by far the most effective thing you can do is shut out distractions, either by physically isolating yourself from them or by sheer willpower (using a computer but following through on a self-promise not to play games, cruise teh interwebs, continue your reign of terror as the leading thread-starter on ADISC).

When I need to get something done, I personally do all of the above - I drink 1-2 cups of coffee, I turn up the Deadmau5 (sometimes - music helps me with repetitive tasks and distracts me from anything that requires serious thought), and I work in a study room away from all of my distractions, and put in 5+ hour work sessions.

Beating yourself and/or using drugs like Adderall, while potentially effective, can have severe negative health consequences, and thus, nobody here will endorse them as options.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    Look, some people can focus better while listening to music, some people focus better while caffeinated (me), and so and so forth - it really depends on the person. At the end of the day though, by far the most effective thing you can do is shut out distractions, either by physically isolating yourself from them or by sheer willpower (using a computer but following through on a self-promise not to play games, cruise teh interwebs, continue your reign of terror as the leading thread-starter on ADISC).

When I need to get something done, I personally do all of the above - I drink 1-2 cups of coffee, I turn up the Deadmau5 (sometimes - music helps me with repetitive tasks and distracts me from anything that requires serious thought), and I work in a study room away from all of my distractions, and put in 5+ hour work sessions.

Beating yourself and/or using drugs like Adderall, while potentially effective, can have severe negative health consequences, and thus, nobody here will endorse them as options.

Haha my thread starting dynasty will reign for 1,000 years :P I sometimes break my self promises. But sometimes I get this spike of adrenaline and a wave of self nationalism rushes over me which makes me focus. As for beatings, it has worked in the past...look at the Belgian Congo, the Belgians cut off slaves hands who failed to meet rubber quotas for the week. That motivation worked, as sick comparison, but relevant.