Thread: Christmas

curiousitykitten

Default Christmas

Christmas...
    I'm sure most of us recall the christmas story. What happened in the manger over two thousand years ago. Although it may not have happened on December 25th, its very important to all of us,especially Christians.

Even those of us who don't believe should see the messages potrayed by this timless story. For instance, Jesus Christ was born in a manger. Although prophesys fortold that a messiah was to be born, there was inn open for Jesus,Mary, and Joseph. The familiar picture of a baby crying out in a manger he shared with cows,goats,and sheep comes to mind. What does this tell us about our savior? He was humble and dare I say it...poor. This is something many of us can relate to during the previous years.

Another common theme in the Christmas Story is faith. We do not know weather angels exist, and I certainly question it. Reguardless, it is written in scripture that the angels told the shepards "Do not be afraid, A savior is born". They listened without questioning and visited the baby.

Even the three magi, who were very wealthy, visited the child. They had faith that the messiah was born and thought nothing of him being born in a manger. They brought forth gifts of gold,frankensense,and myrr. They followeed the star for miles on the backs of camels. Remember, there was no gps...not a lot of maps...and no automobiles. They just got up and left on a whim to see the small family and praise the king.

I chose to post this after the 25th to prove a point. Christmas lasts untill three kings day and it holds signifigance far more than Santa Clause,Frosty,presents and all of that. Christmas stays with us untill the first week of January. I wish all of us to hold true its real meaning. God's love for humanity. I wish all of you a very merry Christmas.

oh and if yoru athiest or w.e i respect that...just dont flame me kthxbai

*BAM!* Deleted!

Merry christmas, everyone!
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 28-Dec-2009 at 00:25. Reason: Oh, the stupid things I say...

Christmas is a wonderfull time to spend time with family and friends.
    In the modern world too many people have hectic schedules and don't spend enough time with the ones they care about.

However modern research has also proven that most of the Christian Christmas lore is adopted from others or just made up.
    Early Christians never had a Christmas celebration. Only when the priests were trying to convert the pagans to Christianity, did they adopt the pagan winter solstice celebration and called it Christmas.

Analysis of the stars as they would have appeared in the time that the story is said to be set in also reveals that the wise men could not have followed the North star to Bethlehem, as it would not have been visible to them.

Recent discoveries in Egypt have found a story written thousands of years before the Christians claim Jesus was born, that is nearly identical to the biblical story of Jesus being born in a manger and visited by the wise men.

It appears that nearly all of the Christian claims as to the ownership of Christmas are indeed false and could not stand up in court.
    A mid-winter celebration of some kind is held by nearly every faith on the planet. As the days get short and cold, a social gathering is a welcome relief from the cold and dark season.
    Now the winter celebration is slowly being taken over by the commercial interests who don't push the faith part like the Christians do. They send the message happiness through purchasing, until they get people who rate the quality of Christmas by the amount of gifts they recieve.

If all those interests can try to adopt Christmas to their own uses, so can you, ignore all the controlling messages various interests send out and spend time with your friends and family. It's not about the gifts and the money, relax for a bit and find the strength to forgive and move on.

curiousitykitten

I understand alot of the traditions are pegan but i never knew the story was written before it happened. Although it could be considered prophesy.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousitykitten View Post
    I understand alot of the traditions are pegan but i never knew the story was written before it happened. Although it could be considered prophesy.
    Well the thing is no one really has proved when it happened or even for that matter if it ever did. So it is all very blurry as to whose it was but it is known that much of Christianity is actually taken from pegan traditions.

*BAM!* Deleted!
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 28-Dec-2009 at 00:23. Reason: Oh, the stupid things I say...

Quote Originally Posted by kevindhca View Post
    Christmas is a wonderfull time to spend time with family and friends.
    In the modern world too many people have hectic schedules and don't spend enough time with the ones they care about.

However modern research has also proven that most of the Christian Christmas lore is adopted from others or just made up.
    Early Christians never had a Christmas celebration. Only when the priests were trying to convert the pagans to Christianity, did they adopt the pagan winter solstice celebration and called it Christmas.

Analysis of the stars as they would have appeared in the time that the story is said to be set in also reveals that the wise men could not have followed the North star to Bethlehem, as it would not have been visible to them.

Recent discoveries in Egypt have found a story written thousands of years before the Christians claim Jesus was born, that is nearly identical to the biblical story of Jesus being born in a manger and visited by the wise men.

It appears that nearly all of the Christian claims as to the ownership of Christmas are indeed false and could not stand up in court.
    A mid-winter celebration of some kind is held by nearly every faith on the planet. As the days get short and cold, a social gathering is a welcome relief from the cold and dark season.
    Now the winter celebration is slowly being taken over by the commercial interests who don't push the faith part like the Christians do. They send the message happiness through purchasing, until they get people who rate the quality of Christmas by the amount of gifts they recieve.

If all those interests can try to adopt Christmas to their own uses, so can you, ignore all the controlling messages various interests send out and spend time with your friends and family. It's not about the gifts and the money, relax for a bit and find the strength to forgive and move on.
    Plus a nice little fun fact most Christians don't know is the new testament wasn't written until 400 years after Jesus was said to have lived, if that is so then how did his disciples write it? While I don't believe in all this religious hubbub I do believe that we should celebrate people who went above and beyond to help people so I celebrate Christmas to celebrate Saint Nick and the spirit of giving to others.