Thread: First post here.....

Default First post here.....

Hello there.

I am a 30yo gay male AB. I also am a huge movie / anime / video gaming fanatic, who also enjoys working out at the Y (usually twice a day), hiking mountain trails during the summer, cooking good meals and entertaining family and friends, and volunteering for a few different organizations.

I plan on being a FT student starting in the spring quarter (I would have started last fall, but financial aid snags did come up). I am very interested in learning a couple of languages (Japanese definitely, and perhaps Mandarin and Cantonese next), but as far as what I want a degree in, I think I will take a few classes and see where my strength lies in, and go from there.

I found this site through Bing, and I am impressed by the focus on socializing that came through in the FAQ. I am not one to look for cheap hook-ups. I would like to make some friends with similar interests. I am in the market for a LTR, but I think, for now, I am more interested in expanding my social circle before I go into that realm.

I hope I can fit in here just fine. Take care, and Merry Christmas to you all! It's 6AM here, and in a few hours, I will be with my family (which I value very much). Hope today is as nice for you as it will be for me.

Welcome!

I hope you'll find the place to your liking. It's certainly not perfect, but I think you're right about the social (and support) focus vs. something more fetish-driven. It's what attracted me here in the first place and I've made contact with people here that I consider friends, which is really more than I ever expected. Read around, get a feel for the place, and pitch in with your experiences and opinions where you can. Have fun!

Hello Kaworuchan!
    Good introduction, btw.
    :-)
    I'm forever amazed at how folks from all over the world can so easily meet and converse from their 'puter monitors (though the time zones can be a hitch!).

Hope the Holiday Season's chaos is being kind to you!?

B.

Thank you, all, for welcoming me into this community. It seems to me like I will fit in here just fine, and I am thankful for that. :-)

Welcome to ADISC! Hope you enjoy it here and you enjoy our supporting community. Peace and Love

Welcome! Hope to see you around the forum more