Thread: YAY for crashing truck

Default YAY for crashing truck

lol well this sucked. after i got off a shift at work of walking threw like a foot of snow getting carts and having my feet be completely soaked i had to drive all the way home..... OMG it was so fun, i live in MN and it just snowed a huge amount so it was really fun driving home. i made it like 10-15 mile (i think thats how far away i live from my work) i got to my dirt road and...... I went side ways and the ass end of my two-wheeled drive long bed truck went in the ditch and it was 11:45 PM so i had to call my cousin, and after staying in my car for about 25 min he finally showed up and we basically got my truck even more stuck, i mean it went from half way on the road too.... "o shit, what now" i broke this stupid black plastic thing on the bottom of my truck and bent some some stuff connected to the fron bumper, but we eventually got it out after a lot of frustration and tire spinning. i got home a little after 1:30 and i was about less than a block from my house. lol so any one else do any thing like this

I once got my friend's van stuck halfway off a steep incline. It was tilting pacariously downwards, lengthwise. With one good push I could have tipped it over and watch it roll down the cliff. We put plates under the rear wheels and floored it for about twenty minutes. That was when we realized it was a front wheel drive van.

I live in Oklahoma and was stupid enough to go out in our current storm... The snow in our driveway was taller than our car's undercarriage, and it took me an hour to shovel it. Then we went to Wal-Mart and spent $13 on mozzarella cheese sticks and popcorn chicken. woot. and on the way home I bought me sum beerz at a 7-11 :-) now we're home safely. didn't get stuck - but there were sooo many stuck cars already, everyone's been having that problem!

In the flood of "82" I found myself on the main road sitting in my 69 Mustang with beer cans floating around my waist. The rain was so hard I couldn't tell the road was flooded 3 feet deep. The car restarted and I got out but it died for good about three miles from home on dry ground. I did fix it and get another couple good years out of it.

DannyTheNinja

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous kiba View Post
    Haha, well this sucked. After I got off a shift at work of walking through like a foot of snow, getting carts and having my feet be completely soaked, I had to drive all the way home. Oh my god, it was so fun. I live in MN and it just snowed a huge amount, so it was really fun driving home. I made it like 10-15 miles (I think thats how far away I live from my work). Got to my dirt road and suddenly - *thunk!* - I went sideways and the ass end of my two-wheeled drive long-bed truck went in the ditch.

It was 11:45 PM, so I had to call my cousin, and after staying in my car for about 25 minutes he finally showed up and we basically got my truck even more stuck, I mean it went from half way on the road to... "oh shit, what now." I broke this stupid black plastic thing on the bottom of my truck and bent some some stuff connected to the front bumper, but we eventually got it out after a lot of frustration and tire spinning. I got home a little after 1:30 and I was less than a block from my house. So any one else do any thing like this?
    Fixed it for you.

Can't say I've had a similar experience, but that sucks. Kinda makes me think of a good rebuttal against this facebook group...

--Danny

I got one stuck good once, on my way home from a night out drinking, it snowed about 15" by the time I started home.

I lived up on the higher part of town, and the only way home was up a long gradual climbing road, I just got near the top when the back end kicked to the right, and went off the shoulder of the road, the car was useless in snow anyway it was a 70 duster.

After I burned a snow tire off trying to get out, I walked home.

I got stuck coming out of a service plaza on the Penna Turnpike just last Saturday. As I was coming down the on ramp, the car started sliding to the right... right into about 2 feet of snow. I was eventually able to free myself by rocking the car back and forth, and working the wheel so that I was perpendicular to the ruts (and the direction of traffic). Only then was I able to put out onto the freeway.

secretdl26

I've done a lot of winter driving in Minnesota, but I've fortunately never gotten into a severe accident. Beyond some minor sliding on roads (and having to put my truck into 4WD) I've only really done two stupid things.

1. Learning how to drive on icy roads my dad told me to turn off the 4WD, I did, then sped up too quickly from a stop sign, fishtailed and went into a ditch. Luckily there was no damage, and we called a friend to pull us out.

2. I was going down my road, which starts with a quick, downhill 90 degree turn. I took this too fast, fishtailed, spinned 180 degrees around and ended up stopping in just about the same position I started. It scared the crap out of me but nothing bad happened.