Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: PSA: The Secret to Escaping WoW

  1. #1
    Zeit

    Default PSA: The Secret to Escaping WoW

    I'd been trying to get off WoW after re-subscribing for the 2nd time last january and after so much hardship, I finally managed to do it.

    The secret is to log onto a free server and play it for 45 minutes. I guarantee that within that time you'll reach 70, have full epic gear/mount and be running Black Temple. After seeing what the game is at the end really destroys the illusion of it. Makes you realize just how much time you've wasted going from 1-70 and running the same instance 14 times for a gear-drop.

    For further reading, I'd suggest anything off of http://www.wowdetox.com

    If anyone has any advice, please add to the thread. You might save a life!

  2. #2

    Default

    Yeah, that's what I unfortunately did with Morrowind. It's just so darn tempting to open up the command console and turn yourself into a super-strong vampire d00d with the best crap around, and cast spells that kill everything and everyone in a 50-yard radius! It's so hard to start up again with your mediocre piece of crap level 20-35 character again.

    I did eventually figure out that it wasn't that hard to progress and there's a lot of good story behind it but when you finish a game as massive and long as that, it seems boring and a chore (hi Kraiden) to do it again!

  3. #3

    Default

    Wow(pun?), seriously this thread really screws those of us who aren't addicted(some may call denial, but I will explain myself. I play WoW a lot, I'll admit it, BUT since I started I no longer watch TV anymore, and my grades actually went up(have/had people in my guild who I can get HW help on who are majors in almost every subject) and I have fun in the process, just because you do something a lot, does not mean you are addicted. And to the private server suggestion, I LIKE PROGRESSION! If you think 'oh hey this is boring have everything in 45 minutes' think, it takes you MONTHS to get to that point, and when you do it' satisfying seeing that you accomplished that and had FUN in the process.

    Seriously, stop making this look like the spawn of satan.....

  4. #4

    Default

    I've got quite a few friends that I used to play EverQuest with who play, so I really tried to like it. First time, I think I played two months, and the second I was able to make it for three. Not a bad game, but it just doesn't keep my interest, which is all to the good for my free time.

  5. #5
    Zeit

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Seriously, stop making this look like the spawn of satan.....
    I"m not at all saying it is, in fact it was lots of fun when I had a better job and it fit into my schedule but the problem with addiction is it totally screws with your ability to moderate your game time. If you've got the time and can manage a social life along with then keep at it. For my situation, I wanted to quit but was having a hard time going about doing it with my guild always wanting me to run with them.

    The 45 minutes thing... I just found the endgame result to be really over-hyped. Sure if you've seriously played and you've earned your gear/mount then you'll appreciate it more then if you got it in 45 minutes but at the same time, take away your 15-25 days of playtime and what do you have?

    That's my opinion anyway... this coming from a person who earned his 70 Troll Shammy and 47 Blood Elf Warlock the real way.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Zeit View Post
    I"m not at all saying it is, in fact it was lots of fun when I had a better job and it fit into my schedule but the problem with addiction is it totally screws with your ability to moderate your game time. If you've got the time and can manage a social life along with then keep at it. For my situation, I wanted to quit but was having a hard time going about doing it with my guild always wanting me to run with them.

    The 45 minutes thing... I just found the endgame result to be really over-hyped. Sure if you've seriously played and you've earned your gear/mount then you'll appreciate it more then if you got it in 45 minutes but at the same time, take away your 15-25 days of playtime and what do you have?

    That's my opinion anyway... this coming from a person who earned his 70 Troll Shammy and 47 Blood Elf Warlock the real way.

    All im going to say is, I have around 60 days played on my paladin, and I have a fully functional life.

  7. #7

    Default

    i had 220 days logged on FFXI before i got banned :-\ and then maybe 30 days on WoW before i found eve, and then 14 days (two week free trial baby) before i realized that i would rather be out with friends.

    then i stopped playing them all together :-\

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    i had 220 days logged on FFXI before i got banned :-\ and then maybe 30 days on WoW before i found eve, and then 14 days (two week free trial baby) before i realized that i would rather be out with friends.

    then i stopped playing them all together :-\
    Yeah, I always get antisocial when I find a really fun game. That's why I play free games or non-subscribe ones - you can find a balance. Can't always be out with friends!

    Edit: Post 365! That's roughly a year! And this edit makes it 365.25!

  9. #9

    Default

    I'm only level 62 I've had it since Christmas of '06.

    I'm not addicted, I wish I could stay addicted long enough to level, but I can't.

    Running instances at 60 levels you like crazy, just do that and it won't take so much time to go 60-70.

    All my friends have WoW, I have other friends outside these, but these are the ones I hang out with the majority of the time. WoW does not negatively effect my social life. I didn't have a big one to begin with! I play for the PvP, I want to dominate once I hit 70. This is why I'm joining the Warhammer, delayed until Fall. But by then maybe I'll have cable. I can't wait for that, Warhammer will beat the ass off of WoW and its PvP, regardless of The Lich king!

    NOW WHO IS SWITCHING MMO's WITH ME?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    I'm only level 62 I've had it since Christmas of '06.

    I'm not addicted, I wish I could stay addicted long enough to level, but I can't.

    Running instances at 60 levels you like crazy, just do that and it won't take so much time to go 60-70.

    All my friends have WoW, I have other friends outside these, but these are the ones I hang out with the majority of the time. WoW does not negatively effect my social life. I didn't have a big one to begin with! I play for the PvP, I want to dominate once I hit 70. This is why I'm joining the Warhammer, delayed until Fall. But by then maybe I'll have cable. I can't wait for that, Warhammer will beat the ass off of WoW and its PvP, regardless of The Lich king!

    NOW WHO IS SWITCHING MMO's WITH ME?
    All have tried, all have failed, warhammer will be stricken to the ground by the might of prince Arathas Menethil himself, none shall be spared when his reign is relesed onto the unsuspecting players! His wrath shall fall unto warhammer and will cause a great sundering of the nerds, that of which has not been seen since 40 years when the greats ones, Sir Luke Walker, and Captain Jean-Luc Picard took unto them, their own following and created the great nerd war that too this very day still rages at sci-fi cons across the world!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.