Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: n00b here, hi!

Lightbulb n00b here, hi!

So I'm supposed to introduce myself.

I am a DL, no relation to TB/AB.

I'm 16. It's nice to see a site that actually let's me join.

I go to a boarding school in the Midwest, USA.

It 's a kinda nerdy place, but sometimes I manage to surpass even those standards. I do like to think I'm not totally lame.

I LOVE flying, physics (FermiLab, LHC/CERN) and trains follow after flying. I've told people not to be surprised if I get my pilot's license before a driver's license. The problems are is that it's not really useful, takes more time and effort, and my dad wouldn't pay for it.

Following from that, I have a rather creepy intimate knowledge of the train systems of both Metra and the CTA. They're the commuter rail and rapid transit providers respectively in Chicago. I also know everything about O'Hare Airport, and a pretty big chunk about airplanes and airlines. I can identify pretty well every aircraft manufactured by Boeing or Airbus within the last 40 years, although I've always been biased towards Boeing.

I like math almost as well as physics, and am really good at both.

I'm a junior, which works out to (I think) 10th year in the UK.

On forums I tend to type with proper spelling, capitalization, grammar, yaddah yaddah, although sometimes I don't care.

I play video games, mostly FPS's. I've also played games like Borderlands and Fallout 3. I am a big Halo fan, and like to keep up on the novels.

I listen to a wide variety of music, excluding country, rap, super heavy rock, pop, but everything in between. Example: one of my favorite albums ever is "Lights and Sounds" by Yellowcard, because it is both rock/alternative and classical.

I also have a potentially unhealthy taste/obsession with spicy foods. I also am pretty open to most foods, American or foreign. Except les escargots, who could possibly like that?

I got the name Dubs because it's short for Double Dubs (or Dubble Dubs, not sure which) because my initials are WW.

I like diapers too. I am a sort of DL who likes to use one diaper/s for as long as possible without changing. Unfortunately, getting decent diapers isn't the easiest thing for me. I wet and mess.

Any questions?

It seems kind of weird to have all this (relatively) normal stuff, and then BOOMDiapers , but hey? It's fun.
    Last edited by Dubs; 21-Dec-2009 at 11:30. Reason: adding stuff

Mesmerale

Isn't Physics almost the same thing as Math, just with more words? :tongue:

Welcome to ADISC. Nice introduction.

Hey and welcome to ADISC its good to have you here, wat system do you have to play these games, i love fallout3 but i hate maths

For my favorite explanation about the relationship between math and physics (and other sciences), I point you to xkcd.com/435 . And BE SURE to read the mouseover text. (move the mouse over the image and let it stay there, extra text will pop up.)

I use a 360, although Borderlands and about half of my Fallout experience is on my roommate's pc.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    For my favorite explanation about the relationship between math and physics (and other sciences), I point you to xkcd.com/435 . And BE SURE to read the mouseover text. (move the mouse over the image and let it stay there, extra text will pop up.)

I use a 360, although Borderlands and about half of my Fallout experience is on my roommate's pc.
    AND you like xkcd?!

*tackle-hugs* I love you.

And I love that comic. ^_^

I decided that if I ever teach physics in college, I will make a giant printout of that comic including the mouseover, and hang it in a prominent place. Just to prove the awesomeness of physics.

Have you ever seen abstrusegoose.com or spikedmath.com ?

Mesmerale

Neither, but maybe I will sometime soon.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
    Following from that, I have a rather creepy intimate knowledge of the train systems of both Metra and the CTA.
    Lol...if you say "creepy intimate knowledge", I would assume you know how poorly the trains and el structures are maintained and avoid the systems like the plague. At least I wouldn't want to know how poor the maintenance on the London Underground system is...whenever I'm in London, it's bad enough seeing it in action and fearing for my life
    Or do you just know all the stations, train times and car designations?

Either way...
    "Welcome aboard ADISC Version 2.0. Rules are posted in each forum and post to help you plan your stay. Contact mods for further assistance. Scheduled change time to fresh diaper is about 3 minutes. Fresh diaper is next. In the direction of wetting, tapes open on the left for fresh diapers".

Peachy