Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

I'm blind and in a wheelchair. My interests include: listening to audio books and classic country music, surfing the web, and talking on the phone. I am majoring in Theatre Performance at collige. I want to be a voice actor. I just found out I was an ab a couple weeks ago. I'm looking for support, and advice, cause I'm not really sure What To do now.

*hugs* Welcome, hope you enjoy it here and find what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by babyben View Post
    I'm blind and in a wheelchair. My interests include: listening to audio books and classic country music, surfing the web, and talking on the phone. I am majoring in Theatre Performance at collige. I want to be a voice actor. I just found out I was an ab a couple weeks ago. I'm looking for support, and advice, cause I'm not really sure What To do now.
    Very impressive that despite being blind, you surf the web, attend college, and are going to be a voice actor!

What would you like advice about?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    How can you surf the web, considering you're blind? o.O
    Well there is little bumps called brail (if I spelled that right) that help him type. Except I am stumped on how he reads the screen, so maybe you could answer that for us Ben?

Anyways welcome to our community! I hope that you enjoy it here!

Please feel free to post around whenever you'd like and to ask any qeustions, advice, or support that you might need.

I don't know anyone I can trust enough to roleplay with or eventell my secrit to. In a way, this is more stressful than before I found out about this part of myself. What's the point of learning something like this if you can't do anything about it. What am i supposed to do!!

Yumi

They have a program called text to speech, and it can read stuff out loud! =] Welcome to the forums~

Text to speech isn't that great IMO...But maybe he has a better version

the program I'm using to read the screen is called Jaws.