Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 yr old suspended for long hair

Default 4 yr old suspended for long hair

Texas parents battle school over son's long locks

This little boy is surving an in school suspention beause his hair is to long. It's not dyed a weird color or spiked just long.

Hell I kind of wish I went to school in that district because I had mine half way down my back for 4 years and cut it once I graduated because I need to find a job.

On one hand, I think it's ridiculous that he's been suspended. On the other hand, I don't see why he can't just cut it. These are obviously contradicting views, but the school has a policy, and people are expected to follow it.

I think it's stupid that he was suspended, but I also think that the parents are stupid for not just cutting their kid's hair. It's been a month. Obviously the school isn't going to give in because the policy has been in effect for a long time. Just cut the kid's hair or move to another school district.

On a side note, his parents looked kinda trashy. I mean, come on, if you know you're going to be on TV, aren't you going to put a little more effort into your appearance? That's just a pet peeve of mine, idk.

Mako

If it was a private school, then I'd give the school some credence. But that appears to be a public school, and that kind of restriction is uncalled for. Unfortunately looking at the parents, they don't appear the type to have the means to properly challenge the school in court.

Error404

Public schools, banning individuality one step at a time.

Kids got nice hair too, not as if it's unkept. What a pathetic school decision. What's he gonna do with it? Play with it instead of working?

NO NO NO! WAIT! I GET IT!

HE'S GOING TO START A ROCK BAND, SHAG SOME HOES AND PIMP THE TEACHERS OUT AS HOOKERS.

Damnit, why didn't I realize sooner? It's obvious! He's going to grow up to be Ozzy Osbourne!

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    NO NO NO! WAIT! I GET IT!

HE'S GOING TO START A ROCK BAND, SHAG SOME HOES AND PIMP THE TEACHERS OUT AS HOOKERS.

Damnit, why didn't I realize sooner? It's obvious! He's going to grow up to be Ozzy Osbourne!
    Seems so obvious now you point it out.

Something similar happened to me, but not until high school.
    My grandma, as my legal guardian at the time, stepped in and said "Jesus had long hair, and he will too".
    The public school quickly dropped the issue not wanting a backlash from religious groups. The funny thing about it, granny was an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by muira_wolf_pup View Post
    My grandma, as my legal guardian at the time, stepped in and said "Jesus had long hair, and he will too".
    The public school quickly dropped the issue not wanting a backlash from religious groups. The funny thing about it, granny was an atheist.
    That's epic!

Mako

I think I'm in love with your Granny.

Aww that sucks.
    I remember somebody getting suspended from my primary school for having the opposite problem: having hair too short. I guess that's fair though, the kid looked like a skinhead racist.

I don't know who to side with... That kid's hair looks normal to me, so the school has a silly rule. But it is a rule, so the kid should just move schools or his parents should challenge the rule.
    I think isolating a child, and allowing your child to be isolated, is pretty despicable though...

That is amazing. I love your grandma.

I say give the kid a scissors and tell him to have a ball. That hair will be short in no time.