Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I depressed?

Default Am I depressed?

Things have taken a turn for the worse for me, behavior-wise.

I never really want to do anything constructive.

I am skipping class more often than I ever have (and much more than I should.).

I am always feeling sort of tired and I just suffer from a general disinterest in anything.

Am I suffering from depression?

Sounds like your suffering from a case of what I'm normally like.

Odds are yes, I wish I could help more. Has anything bad happened lately, or did this just happen?

It sounds like maybe you are... I'm no shrink or doctor or anything but maybe you are.. And maybe you should get checked out and stuff.. They could put you on meds that'll help *nod* Sorry I'm not much help

It hasn't been anything huge, I think the stress of life is just getting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Manveru View Post

I am always feeling sort of tired and I just suffer from a general disinterest in anything.

It dose sound like you are depressed, have you tried talking to your family, or a docter. Sometimes all it takes it talking..Trust me I would know I did the stupidest thing in my life because I never talked about things like this. I may make a thread on it, but i am not to sure about it cause its a tuochey subject.

Darkfinn

I'd call that classic depression. You just feel drained and like blah all the time. Like you have to drag yourself around. I'd say talk to a school councilor about it... your parents are likely to think you are just being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manveru View Post

Well, I'm no doctor, but based on what you have said here, it sure sounds like you have depression. Depression is serious, and it shouldn't be shrugged off. You've had a lot going on lately, and I'm sure all of that plays into how your feeling.

I think the best advice anyone can give you, is to see a doctor/psychologist about it..
    Last edited by Drosera; 02-Apr-2008 at 16:37.

What they said, it may just be stress but I would talk to someone (family countsler) just to be safe.

Hope everything works out.

I don't think that taking time off would be a good idea without talking to a Counselor or Psychologist first.