Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help on Some Wording

Default Help on Some Wording

I would like to give my friend a little note. I got this idea when i heard a radio DJ say that "Tis the time of year to let the ones close to you know what they mean to you" And I thought I would stick a note in my friends locker, purse, whatever saying that she is a good friend and that I am thankful for that.

I know what I am going to say, I just need some help wording it so it doesn't sound creepy. How should I start it off? The main theme of it is going to be "Thanks for being a great friend, it means a lot to me" or something similar to that.

Should I ad like an explanation at the top of the note saying like "In the spirit of the season"? How can I say this without sounding creepy? How can I word it so she knows it is in the spirit of the season?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the wording you've proposed thus far, except you're going to need to personalize it. As far as avoiding being creepy, that also falls on you. If you only know her casually, keep it casual. Someone you've just talked to a couple times at lunch shouldn't be receiving a note that says the light in her eyes has sustained you through the harsh months of inner torment (yadda, yadda, yadda). There's no formula, you're going to have to work it out yourself for the most part. Just be yourself: the best, cutest, quietest version of yourself (somewhat related).

Consider getting a Christmas card as that should convey the overall reason why you were prompted to do this. I prefer cards that are blank inside myself, but if that's not your cup of tea, there are certainly tasteful ones that leave you some space to put in your own words.
    Last edited by Trevor; 17-Dec-2009 at 00:41. Reason: typo

No no, we have been friends for 5 years. So we are somewhat tight. I am just worried, bc of past experiences once I wrote a poem for her yadda yadda, I was a dumb creepy SOB. End result a big fight. I just want it to sound casual, but kind of make her day.

"Sup, Bitch
    Yo, I just wanted you to know that I'm always thinking about you. I've always wanted to tell you how I feel, but I felt a letter telling you in one of the last years of high school would be the best way to tell you how I feel about you. I know that you could be going across the country for college, and that long term relationships don't always work out, but I just have to get this out. Anyway, I hope you don't freak out when you find this in your locker (or even purse, which is almost like going into your personal space, nice tampons by the way)."

Okay, so there was some sarcasm in there...But yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    "Sup, Bitch
    Yo, I just wanted you to know that I'm always thinking about you. I've always wanted to tell you how I feel, but I felt a letter telling you in one of the last years of high school would be the best way to tell you how I feel about you. I know that you could be going across the country for college, and that long term relationships don't always work out, but I just have to get this out. Anyway, I hope you don't freak out when you find this in your locker (or even purse, which is almost like going into your personal space, nice tampons by the way)."

Okay, so there was some sarcasm in there...But yeah.
    Wow, thanks for that. I really do feel like a freak now, super. That post made me think about not doing this now, Super.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Wow, thanks for that. I really do feel like a freak now, super. That post made me think about not doing this now, Super.
    I'm sorry for that, it actually wasn't my intention. There are some points I made in there though, that you should think over, such as is telling her going to actually do anything? Does she feel the same way about you, or will she? If there is some kind of relationship potential, you two are about to go off into the world (if you're a Senior, if you're a Junior then you still have a year to potentially have a longer relationship). Who knows where you're going to college (if at all), or where she's going to go (if at all). Even if you two can manage to go to the same college (which is a stupid thing to do if you're only doing it for a potential relationship, but if you're doing it for just friendship, then it's still foolish, but more reasonable). Just think things over. You've made several threads about this girl. It's clear you aren't really sure about anything to do with her, and you don't seem to listen to advice given in each of your threads. Just use your own judgment, any advice we can give would be better suited for ourselves, because we don't know your life.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I would like to give my friend a little note. I got this idea when i heard a radio DJ say that "Tis the time of year to let the ones close to you know what they mean to you" And I thought I would stick a note in my friends locker, purse, whatever saying that she is a good friend and that I am thankful for that.

I know what I am going to say, I just need some help wording it so it doesn't sound creepy. How should I start it off? The main theme of it is going to be "Thanks for being a great friend, it means a lot to me" or something similar to that.

Should I ad like an explanation at the top of the note saying like "In the spirit of the season"? How can I say this without sounding creepy? How can I word it so she knows it is in the spirit of the season?
    Stay out of her purse.

That is hallowed ground, only open to your inspection after your child that you have spawned together barfs up on itself, and your wife is elbows-deep in shit and tells you to grab a tissue from her purse. THAT is the only time you can go into a woman's purse.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Stay out of her purse.

That is hallowed ground, only open to your inspection after your child that you have spawned together barfs up on itself, and your wife is elbows-deep in shit and tells you to grab a tissue from her purse. THAT is the only time you can go into a woman's purse.
    I never had intentions of doing that, I was just giving an example, though you're right I should have stated that.

And to Pojo...Thanks for apologizing, though it made me I guess think out of this day dream moment I had. I also see what you are saying.

Go to a Hallmark or a good card store, and look for the perfect card, the card will say how you feel if you get the right one.

I spend quite some time looking for the right card that says just how I feel, then just hand he the card don't mail it.

It would be nice if the right moment came about, and you could tell her in person. The problem with writing is that you're not there when it's read. You know how we sometimes misinterpret what is said, because words sometimes don't convey the warmth or intended meaning of the writer.

I think your intentions are good. You just need the right moment to tell her.