Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band: Green Day Announced!!

Default Rock Band: Green Day Announced!!

Pinch me, because I must be dreaming. Just saw on Mega64.com, on their just- released Podcast #126, that Harmonix comfirmed Green Day: Rock Band for 2010. Hurrah! Thoughts?

I made my (somewhat incoherent) thoughts known on Takashi's blog post on the same subject: https://www.adisc.org/forum/blogs/ta...rock-band.html

Basically: zomgwin. There are already six Green Day tracks available for download for Rock Band, though, so I have those

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I made my (somewhat incoherent) thoughts known on Takashi's blog post on the same subject: https://www.adisc.org/forum/blogs/ta...rock-band.html

Basically: zomgwin. There are already six Green Day tracks available for download for Rock Band, though, so I have those
    So first credit goes to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    So first credit goes to me!
    But why would you rather get a guitar hero that would have horrible character models of green day with even worse animations and only half the songs on disc being Green Day?

Rock Band, with their great character models with awesome animation and ALL the songs on disc being Green Day, is the much better route

Im sorry to say guys ... Green day was cool for like 2 minutes in 5th grade back in the 90's then they sold out and got crappy.... i won't deny that as a band they have gotten a lot better which is saying something cause they have always been talented ... just not my type of band tho

So if they have a rockband better believe i WONT buy/play it

Give me a Pearl Jam Rockband or Iron Maiden(freakin HARD) or even a Red Hot Chili Pepper Rockband over Green Day ANYDAY

That they follow The Beatles Rockband with this... sad.

Though I guess the benefit is that once you become good at one GD song, you'll be good at all of them.

I'm not looking forward to this, at all.

I'm not saying Green Day isn't a good band, I like a few of their songs. They're decent. But I don't think they are worth an entire game.

I know my opinion is a bit biased, being one who looks for almost nothing but challenge now, but I think they should do a band specific game with songs that will be fun AND challenging. The songs on Rock Band: Green Day, will be somewhat fun, something you can just "Rock out" to. But I'll be probably sightread 100%'ing the setlist on guitar (If I get it, I probably won't. Still plenty of challenging DLC I don't have yet), and I don't want that. This is purely an appeal to the ones that aren't competitive in the series.

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I'm not looking forward to this, at all.

I'm not saying Green Day isn't a good band, I like a few of their songs. They're decent. But I don't think they are worth an entire game.

I know my opinion is a bit biased, being one who looks for almost nothing but challenge now, but I think they should do a band specific game with songs that will be fun AND challenging. The songs on Rock Band: Green Day, will be somewhat fun, something you can just "Rock out" to. But I'll be probably sightread 100%'ing the setlist on guitar (If I get it, I probably won't. Still plenty of challenging DLC I don't have yet), and I don't want that. This is purely an appeal to the ones that aren't competitive in the series.
    Ditto except I drum. I love green day and all, but they're new punk. It's not exactly the most technical of musical patterns. It'll be fun to play around, but I don't see any of it being too challenging.

So much for the Rock Band "Platform." It's one thing to give the Beatles a game. But Green Day? Come on.