Thread: How wet is wet?

Default How wet is wet?

Wow. I have a really bad thread-to-reply ratio, compared to pretty much everyone else here. I should stop. o_O

Anyway, so. I'm wearing an Abri Extra medium right now. Positively excellent diaper, right ho good chum [/colonial aristocrat]. Anyway, on peeing at what I would consider to be a normal amount, I find that the wetness indicator on the front is almost invisible. I'm not sure if this is a normal wetting, or a larger than normal one, and since I plan to experiment in public with the next bag of extras I buy, it's kind of important I know what capacity my diaper has.

Anybody know what a really soaked Abri looks like? I know that sounds like a squicky question, but I need to know so that I know when to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliborio View Post
    Wow. I have a really bad thread-to-reply ratio, compared to pretty much everyone else here. I should stop. o_O

Anyway, so. I'm wearing an Abri Extra medium right now. Positively excellent diaper, right ho good chum [/colonial aristocrat]. Anyway, on peeing at what I would consider to be a normal amount, I find that the wetness indicator on the front is almost invisible. I'm not sure if this is a normal wetting, or a larger than normal one, and since I plan to experiment in public with the next bag of extras I buy, it's kind of important I know what capacity my diaper has.

Anybody know what a really soaked Abri looks like? I know that sounds like a squicky question, but I need to know so that I know when to change.
    I can tell you that an X-Plus will get so heavy and saggy before you can fill it completely.

I would suggest that you test wearing the diaper how long you think you'll wear it during the out time.

If you know the average wetting your diaper takes, when you go out, be conservative, and i guess bring an extra diaper to change into if needed.

I know the X-Plusses will hold something in the range of 2-3 Litres. 2L is a carton of Milk or a large bottle of pop. almost 70 fluid ounces. I would say that your average pee is probably in the range of 500ml (of course everyone is different and depending on how bad you have to go it might be more)

You should be able to give your diaper 4 'average' wettings before it's completely soaked. At that point I might worry about leaks, but Abri-form seems to lock in liquid very well. I'd done some big wettings and sat down worrying about leaks but they never happened.

Just test in private first :P

There is nothing to it but just experimenting, try it out one day and see how far it goes in a controlled environment, only way to be perfectly sure

I always do a quick check whenever I get up from sitting by a quick slip of my hand down the back of my diaper. If my butt is wet, it can handle a little more when standing, but sitting back down after wetting it past this point often causes leaks . A premium diaper will give you more room for error, but it's a good rule to go by.

Also, the wetness indicators are pretty much useless after you wet the diaper even just a little.

Wet is when I start to feel it not be absorbed, and or whenever it soaks through to the last layer and starts to get the wetness indicator, if I'm layered.

No matter how hard you try you will never know any single diapers capacity, I think all diapers are a little different.

I have worn different diapers where one would seem to go forever, and the next one would leak before expected, wearing better plastic pants a better indicator, you can tell when a diaper starts to leak by the feel of the wetness on leg band, as soon as you feel the leg band getting wet it's time to junk that diaper.

I find this works good for me, but it almost got me today, nothing is certian with a diaper.

You definitely need to experiment in private to see what the capacity of your diapers are. You should get yourself some plastic pants too. You should be able to feel minor leaks and with plastic pants they won't show up on your clothing.