Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decisions, decisions...

LilLillyKitten

Question Decisions, decisions...

So, I'm thinking about investing in some quality disposables for once. I want something that is fairly absorbent, (Because I would like to wear to bed.) but I also want to have the option of wearing in public without drawing too much attention... so it probably shouldn't be super thick. (Or loud, but I still want to be able to hear that crinkle if I'm in a private/semi-private setting.)

I'm not sure where that leaves me... perhaps going with a thinner model and having boosters on hand? I'd like to go with Bambinos, but from what I've heard they aren't that discreet. Any suggestions?

P.S. I've been curious about both Abena and Molicare products...

Now, I am not speaking from experience here... but I heard that Abena X-Plusses are a good balance of absorbancy and discretion. Now, I have heard this. I am yet to be able to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by SoakedScripter View Post
    Now, I am not speaking from experience here... but I heard that Abena X-Plusses are a good balance of absorbancy and discretion. Now, I have heard this. I am yet to be able to get any.
    Having been though 5 bags of Abena X-plus size medium myself. They are HARDLY discreet, they are by far the thickest disposable diapers on the market.

but, they don't crinkle that loudly and as long as you by pants a size or two bigger at the waist to wear over them.. then people really won't be able to tell.

I suggest Bambino's since they are thick enough to support for many hours and they swell up after you use them. If bambino's are too expensive for your tastes, then go with the Abena X-plus. Just get pants a size or two bigger in the waist and dedicate them to public diaper wearing status.

Bambinos are discreet as long as you wear baggy pants and a longer shirt. They're a little loud, but only to you since you'll be listening for crinkles. Nobody else will hear it, believe me.

If you wear Bambinos/Secure X Plus with a onesie, it muffles the noise A LOT. If you wear loose fitting clothes, it is easily do-able.

LilLillyKitten

Well, the three types I've looked at the most are:

Molicare Super Plus
    Abena X Plus
    Bambino Classico

Baggy clothes would be out of character for me, but I'm pretty sure I could swing it... The other thing that worries me with the Bambinos is the print; I think it's cute, but I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel wearing those in public.

Maybe with a onesie... but tucking my shirt in isn't characteristic of me either. =/

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    So, I'm thinking about investing in some quality disposables for once. I want something that is fairly absorbent, (Because I would like to wear to bed.) but I also want to have the option of wearing in public without drawing too much attention... so it probably shouldn't be super thick. (Or loud, but I still want to be able to hear that crinkle if I'm in a private/semi-private setting.)

I'm not sure where that leaves me... perhaps going with a thinner model and having boosters on hand? I'd like to go with Bambinos, but from what I've heard they aren't that discreet. Any suggestions?

P.S. I've been curious about both Abena and Molicare products...
    Try Attends Extended wear with any type of booster inside. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

-Gus

Peachy

My suggestion would be Tena Maxi - they're pretty thin compared to Molicares and Abriforms, and they come very close in absorbency to the aforementioned brands as they swell up a lot. Plus they're plastic but pretty silent if you wear tight underwear over them.
    At least Tena Maxis are my preferred diaper for wearing out in public (under clothes, of course).

However, I'm not sure if Tena Maxi are accessible, since you're listing "Earth" as your location but a part named "AMerica" of said earth does not have access to Tena Maxis locally.

Peachy

Abena X pluses are great, though you may also want to consider a brand called Dry 24/7, I tend to get these a lot personally. They are very absorbent though they are a step below Abena X plus, they are also about half the price so they are a pretty good value which is why I get them.

LilLillyKitten

Thinking back, I've seen Tena brand like once... but that is the second recommendation I have gotten for them in terms of wearing in public.

lol, now I'm even more unsure. =P