Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my luck about to change?

Default Is my luck about to change?

Hey, interesting enough it seems my lucky may change. A local pharmacy is looking for a trainee, and i am dropping a CV off tomorrow!

I just hope i get this job, possibly later on able to handle the orders? Possibly get myself some proper diapers, i know they have some in there but nothing that's good.

I think i will use the "my Nan has a bladder problem at night, but is to embarrassed to come in herself so i offered to help" excuse! Possibly find some more people my age who buy from there, that would be interesting.

Sorry if it seems slightly off topic, but it's based on purchasing some diapers

Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    No luck with any building jobs then?
    Na, might possibly do a brick laying course next year :\

Miku

so in other words you're only trying to land a job at a pharmacy for diapers? dude..i want diapers as much as the next guy but at least go for a job that you know pays a good amount..

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think i will use the "my Nan has a bladder problem at night, but is to embarrassed to come in herself so i offered to help" excuse!
    I wouldn't use that excuse, sounds way too made up. All I would do is ring up the package when nobody is looking...pay for it, and take it home with me. However, not knowing the details of your job you may have to come up with something else...

Anyhow, best of luck, hope it works out for you.

-Gus

I'm having employment problems, too. also having pretty crappy luck.
    Good luck on your end!

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    so in other words you're only trying to land a job at a pharmacy for diapers? dude..i want diapers as much as the next guy but at least go for a job that you know pays a good amount..
    No? :s lol.

I currently only have a part time job as a builders laborer, but it's no where near enough hours or reliable in bad weather.

I saw this advertised, and the diaper purchasing would be a bonus

PantsAreFourSquares

Good luck getting The job and the diaprs

I work for a major pharmacy, and as far as retail goes Drug stores, (depending on your position,) pay pretty well. What position did you apply for?

As far as buying diapers, I have used the excuse that they are for someone else. Your co-workers sell them all day long, so they don't really care. If it is a major drug chain, never ring them up yourself! I assure you you will be fired.

I used to work in a pharmacy. Here are some tips:
    1) (in response to Angus) If you do order a package, be aware that they may not allow you to ring it up yourself. Where I worked, it was a pretty strictly enforced rule.
    2) Damages are about to be your new best friend. When products arrive damaged, expire, or are returned in an unsalable condition, they will either be returned to the warehouse or disposed of, depending on what they are. I've gotten some cool stuff that they were going to throw away, like an SD card and a couple of diapers. You have to be ethical about it though -- you can't go about slashing bags of diapers with your box cutter so they get thrown you and can take your pick No but seriously, you might get fired for that sort of thing.