Thread: Pictures of your microwave.

pamperchu

Default Pictures of your microwave.

Post a picture of you microwave and tell us its age and how many watts it uses. That info is on the back of them.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk14/pamperchu/DSC06905.jpg
    1600watts

I still find it amazing that you found that. It was the first microwave a normal family could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    Post a picture of you microwave and tell us its age and how many watts it uses. That info is on the back of them.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...u/DSC06905.jpg
    1600watts
    Cool old Radar Range!

I can't find a pic of our families first from 1975. It was cast aluminum and steel with a tan porcelain surface coating in the oven. It had memory for three programmed cooking sequences (unlimited sequences) and true capacitance touch buttons. Made by Coronado, a Gambles-Scogmo brand we used that thing well into the late 80's. I'm wagering it was either 1600 or 2000 watts. It easily weighed 40 lbs and had a magnetron in it the size of a toaster.

1600watts
    You win.

Oh, and you have cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    You win.

Oh, and you have cancer.
    Oh come on, h3g3l, you know as well as I do that there is no peer-reviewed research that proves that RF Energy causes cancer. Now, it will cook your squishy organs (eyes, balls, liver - ya know, the important ones.) if its not properly shielded.

1600watts
    WOW, hahaha you got canc-

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    You win.

Oh, and you have cancer.
    Dammit -_-

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Oh come on, h3g3l, you know as well as I do that there is no peer-reviewed research that proves that RF Energy causes cancer. Now, it will cook your squishy organs (eyes, balls, liver - ya know, the important ones.) if its not properly shielded.
    Funny you should bring this up.

Last I knew, the Swedes (I think it was) were looking at RF energy from power wires, and had reasonable evidence that it was Really Really Bad (TM). That's the best RF research stream I am aware of, even though it's from the late 1990s (and not my field).

I do seem to recall "sterility" coming up as a keyword, though. I've just taken a quick look out, and see a 1997 notice talking about RF fields (HAM radio) not directly causing cancer, but being a contributing factor. The FCC says that the literature is all over the place on this, but I'd still not exactly want to stick my head right next to the door and watch my tea being super-heated.