Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft / Paintball

Default Airsoft / Paintball

How many here play airsoft or paintball and how many here have full combat kits for either airsoft or paintball? For paintball, speedball or woodsplay?

When I say 'kit' I mean the whole thing including primary weapon, sidearm, tactical vest + pouches, assault pack, hydration pack, comms, helmet (or boonie hat),etc.

I myself used to be in both, sold my gear off awhile back to cover the costs of my new computer (Airsoft can be expensive, thats for sure )

Paintball weapon : Tippmann 98 custom, 16" J&J ceramic barrel, HPA tank, drop forward, AR trigger and a few other smaller mods. Mostly for accuracy as I was more fond of the 'quiet stealthy instead of 'spray and pray'

Airsoft Weapon : G&G M16, later GR16. Both upgraded with aftermarket mech boxes,9.6v batteries and other high performance upgrades.

PC : Condor Mutlicam + TONS of pouches, fake insert plates (Will explain at end)
    Camelbak
    All multi-cam clothing, ACU's
    Hurricane 553 holo-sight (Excellent replica of the real ones, paid about $140 for mine)
    Standard replica black-ops helmet + MC cover
    Wiley-SG1 goggles (EXCELLENT for anything, albeit expensive)

First paintball for a few years probably since I was 14, at about 16 I was squad leader in a fairly small North-East team dedicated to Tippmann owners. Decided after awhile that I was getting sick and tired of all the dishonorable players that we came across who cheated or whined when they got flanked, some of my team mates and friends felt the same. Left, got into airsoft and joined another local team with some of my buddies tagging along. Talk about a big difference, especially in combat tactics and sportsmanship

I'm an all out military buff when it comes to stuff like airsoft or paintball so hence the reason for the plate carrier and gear. Running around in a fully fitted PC with fake plates and gear, not easy although a good workout

So who here has been in either or both? Which do you like better and for what reasons? But the best question of all, which in your opinion (assuming you've played both) hurt the most; BB or paintball

I've got a Tippman 98, kinda crappy barrel, 20oz tank terrible BALLS! They curve INTO the ground fifty feet out! I'll find the name of them, never buy them!

I suck, so my gear doesn't really matter, I've got a pistol for airsoft, single shot and accurate, but I don't want to airsoft with that....

I don't have a kit, as the place i used to go to has all of that.. I also have a 98 custom, but it's been collecting dust in the back of my closet for about two years now. I should get out there and play again sometime.

I've never tried paintballing before, but I'd love to try sometime! It does sound like a rather pricey pastime, however.

Darkfinn

I could paintball if I wanted too... my gf's uncle owns one of the largest paintball ranges in the country... they have huge wargames... even the US army comes to train there.

But I don't want to get started... I can't afford another hobby.

Don't have anything. Don't do it often either. And Airsoft is illegal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I could paintball if I wanted too... my gf's uncle owns one of the largest paintball ranges in the country... they have huge wargames... even the US army comes to train there.

But I don't want to get started... I can't afford another hobby.
    Wow lucky, if that is the place I think it is (Tippmann USA) then wow....The prices there are outrageous yet people still pay to play ($100 for a case of 2000 paintballs that are mediocre at best). Probably get in for free if he likes ya enough

Sucks paintball is illegal where you live Martin, fun game although a little bit of pain and alot of money depending on your play style .

Darkfinn

The place is called Command Decisions... don't know if you've heard of it or not...

They're the guys that build the big tanks...

Used to play paintball, I had a Smart Parts Ion with a new barrel kit, custom body work, custom regulator, new bottom frame, virtue board, custom grip, clamping neck, 4" drop, carbon fibre compressed air tank and a Pulse hopper(got it 6 months before it came out)

I play airsoft from time to time, I have a couple of pistols, a sniper rifle and a P90.

And in my opinion none of them hurt, suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    And in my opinion none of them hurt, suck it up.
    I never said they hurt ...Although a BB or a paintball to the wrong spot at the wrong time can hurt, especially if it's around your face when only wearing goggles and not full face masks