Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the fun in this?

Default What is the fun in this?

Well mondays in the lunch room always brings stories of the weekends activities. Some stories are good and some are just like "why"?

I was listening in on one which involved about 40 people getting so drunk that this guy could stand up straight, he stayed outside the house so he could fall on the grass and not hurt himself on anything in the house. Then he was going on about how while he was outside throwing up people in the house were getting fucked up with all types of drugs.

So my question is this...how is this seen by a few people as fun??? What is the fun in passing out in the cold and getting so messed up that you cant swallow anything with out it coming back up?

I myself have never touched more than a half a shot class of alcohol in my life, the combined times were mainly a small sip of champagne at new years and my dad letting me taste a beer, both of which i spit back up it was so nasty. I have also never tried drugs either, I am like a humble religious man, but i am not big on religion, these are just my own personal morals. My uncle killed himself with drugs and booze one night and I just think it ruins any man or women. It is just plain icky!

So my question is this...how is this seen by a few people as fun??? What is the fun in passing out in the cold and getting so messed up that you cant swallow anything with out it coming back up? Where is the fun in this???

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Well mondays in the lunch room always brings stories of the weekends activities. Some stories are good and some are just like "why"?
    Can I rephrase this so that it is relevant to ADISC (and you)?

Well, Mondays in the forum always bring posts of the weekends activities (or one of DT's 300+ threads). Some threads are good, and most are just like "why?"

NOW AFTER MY FACETIOUSNESS COMES MY ANSWER.

I don't know why people get so drunk. I've never had alcohol or drugs. And I never want to.

But if people want to do that and they're not hurting anyone but themselves, let them. Their own stupidity may kill them someday, but that's their own fault. Hopefully they don't take anyone else down with them. :/

Drunk drivers are especially disgusting.

(Also, you said the same thing twice in the same post. Copy-paste trouble?)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Can I rephrase this so that it is relevant to ADISC (and you)?

Well, Mondays in the forum always bring posts of the weekends activities (or one of DT's 300+ threads). Some threads are good, and most are just like "why?"

NOW AFTER MY FACETIOUSNESS COMES MY ANSWER.

I don't know why people get so drunk. I've never had alcohol or drugs. And I never want to.

But if people want to do that and they're not hurting anyone but themselves, let them. Their own stupidity may kill them someday, but that's their own fault. Hopefully they don't take anyone else down with them. :/

Drunk drivers are especially disgusting.

(Also, you said the same thing twice in the same post. Copy-paste trouble?)
    Ha, ya a little bit of C&P trouble. Let the idiots of the world destroy themselves, make more room for the smart people.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Ha, ya a little bit of C&P trouble. Let the idiots of the world destroy themselves, make more room for the smart people.
    I think you're just bitter because... y'know... you're kinda a social loser? I like going out, dancing, and getting drunk. I don't like getting drunk to the point where i'm puking/passing out/can't remember anything.. that's never any fun, but I do like being drunk. I don't do it often, but if there's a party I'm in. And that certainly doesn't make me stupid, nor will I destroy myself with it. All I've ever done is make some great friends, create memories to last a lifetime, and have tons of fun. <3

You probably hit the nail on the head. I would have loved to be invited to a party, but if that type of shit is going on then count me out. The word ILLEGAL seems to have no meaning these days. I will not participate in illegal activities. But what I am wondering is how does getting drunk make you have a good time? Can't you do that sober?

Quote Originally Posted by s4u View Post
    I think you're just bitter because... y'know... you're kinda a social loser? I like going out, dancing, and getting drunk. I don't like getting drunk to the point where i'm puking/passing out/can't remember anything.. that's never any fun, but I do like being drunk. I don't do it often, but if there's a party I'm in. And that certainly doesn't make me stupid, nor will I destroy myself with it. All I've ever done is make some great friends, create memories to last a lifetime, and have tons of fun. <3
    ^This

I hardly ever drink, though I love going to raves, dancing, doing ecstacy, smoking the green, whatever. You'd really never know what we're talking about if you've never done them, and you can't do it just once because for a good portion of people they don't have a good first experience, or don't do enough to get high.
    Eh, everyone has their opinions on this subject. As long as you don't do it all the time, or become a washed up loser (Which I know many people who are) then you're pretty much okay. I mean I still go to school, have really good grades, and I'm not in any legal trouble, nor ever have been. People just need to be careful, and some people just can't handle being careful with choices like these.

IDK, I mean everyone can make their own choices, but I just can't see the fun in it, or in getting high. The only good feeling I need is the feeling is the high I get from wearing a diaper, other than that, count me out! Drugs and alcohol blow out your brain. I need all the cells I can get, so instant out for me.

Because it's fun. There's really no other reason.

You don't have to get so fucked up you can't pee straight. But you also don't have to be such a stickler that you refuse to go to parties because people might be doing something illegal there.

If you don't want to drink; don't drink. No one's forcing you to. Just know that getting drunk once in your life is not going to kill you ore destroy any brain cells.

You don't have to drink to have fun, but it makes it a lot easier.

Personaly, I enjoy waking up the next day with my head pounding and my mouth tasting like cigarette butts. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something, even though I haven't. My body is something that i intend on squeezing the last bit of fun out of, so at the end of my life i can say "Yeah, I'm dieing - but it sure as hell was worth it."

Eww, that just sounds gross, sorry but it does. Why would you want to feel like that the next day? I mean you are kind of out of commission the next day. That one day off is one day of lost profit and productivity.

I tried that and after a long time I finally got fed up with it and quit everything, it was fun being with people laughing and having a good time, but the next day was always hell not to mention very expensive, I estimate I wasted at least 200.00 a week over a 20 year period, on drinking and other things, I won't mention here, I also lost a peice of land with a house and nice garage and a few very expensive cars, because I was too busy partying to want to work.

Young people don't see it as shorting there lives, because they think they have all the time in the world, but the world has a way of sneaking up on you when your not paying attention, and when your partying you are not paying attention.