Thread: Indespensible Tech Software

Default Indespensible Tech Software

Unetbootin (for creating *Ubuntu/Linux usb boot sticks) and Winsetupfromusb (win setup from usb - Google Search)

these will save you a lot of install time and wasted cd/dvds if you like to do frequent system installs/custom OSes.

Any live CD with gparted, rainbow tables for decrypting windows passwords, a good compiler/debugger/IDE (e.g. MSVS 2010, CodeBlocks+GCC, Netbeans), boost.org, imgbrn, apache server with xdebug/netbeans, git

Those are the ones I find myself using (or wanting to) at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Incomplete Dude View Post
    Any live CD with gparted, rainbow tables for decrypting windows passwords, a good compiler/debugger/IDE (e.g. MSVS 2010, CodeBlocks+GCC, Netbeans), boost.org, imgbrn, apache server with xdebug/netbeans, git

Those are the ones I find myself using (or wanting to) at least.
    have you tried the BackTrack live usb yet? i just tried the GParted live usb and it was so good and easy to use. i couldn't use the advanced materials in it, but the partition manager helped me out a lot when i had the dumb idea of doing 5 10GB partitions and failed to create a main storage space.

to add: i'm disappointed in aircrack-ng doesn't support my wireless card, but man is it brutal at cracking wifi connections.

See also: this thread I made, and this wiki page I made when I couldn't edit the post anymore. It's not limited to tech software, and it is limited to free stuff only, but there is still a lot of crossover.