Thread: Caring for cloth

Default Caring for cloth

I recently purchased some cloth diapers from Yuyun and am not sure how to care for them. I do not have a pail/bucket and I don't do laundry that much, so I'm not sure what to do with them after they've been used.

I figured I could wash them in the bathroom sink/shower and hang-dry them, but am not sure how well that would work overall.

You have a problem then, because they are going to need washing. I wash and rinse mine out while in the shower. Then I have a rod in the storage room of the basement where they can dry and air out until I have enough to wash in the washing machine.

But you are going to have to wash them in the w. machine. I put mine on the longest, heaviest setting and use just a warm water setting. Then they go into the dryer. If you can't do this, I would just wear them and not use them until you can use the washing machine.

So, just give them a quick washing until I can properly clean them in a washing machine?

Also, how long can an unwashed diaper remain wet without it affecting the fabric/absorbency/quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    Also, how long can an unwashed diaper remain wet without it affecting the fabric/absorbency/quality?
    The bigger question is 'how long can an unwashed diaper remain wet without it becoming smelly or starting to mold.'

I like to give mine a go in the washing machine every 3 days (4 days maximum). I rinse each diaper when I change out of it. Really helps keep the smell down until laundry day.