Thread: Wikiality: Diapers

Default Wikiality: Diapers

So, there's a bunch of diaper reviews on the Wiki, but they all seem to exist independently of each other, with no relative sense. I was thinking maybe it might be a nice idea to put the matter to public vote: which diapers would the ADISC community (ehehehe tautology) recommend, in order of most to least?

The easiest way as I see it is to assign a points system. Thumb-up or thumb-down a particular kind of diaper. I'll record the thumbs up and thumbs down for later use, and the difference between the two will be used to give the diaper a semi-official ranking.

The list is in alphabetical order for now. Once I get votes I'll rank the diapers in order of voteage.
    - Abena Abri-Form Super
    - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus
    - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Air-Plus
    - Tyco Assurance
    - Attends Briefs, plastic-backed variant
    - Attends Briefs, extended wear variant
    - Attends Briefs, breathable style
    - Bambino Diapers / Secure Personal Care X-Plus
    - CVS Pharmacy briefs
    - Depend Maximum Protection
    - Depend Fitted Briefs, cloth variant (possibly same product)
    - Dry 24/7
    - Dry Comfort briefs
    - Drynites / GoodNites
    - Eurobrief / Uniquebrief
    - Molicare Super Plus briefs
    - Tranquility All Through the Night (ATN) briefs.
    - Pampers UnderJams.
    - Walgreens Certainty fitted briefs.
    - Wellness fitted briefs.

Good idea. But you may want to include a comments section so people who do vote can include various nitpicks and such. Another thing, would people be able to vote on each diaper independently of one another (vote for 1 diaper at a time) or as a group (vote for all diapers at once). I would like to assume that the voting would be independent as it would allow people who haven't tried a specific diaper to be able to not vote.

Entity, the vote would be on an independent basis.

Also, I can't really include a comments section, for brevity's sake. Including various nitpicks in one's voting post would, however, be fine.

I love the idea.

Secure x-plus and Bambino are different diapers. Tho distributed by the same company they have lots of differences.

Also I'd like to see a system that people can list where they can find diapers (other than Depend) locally. Cause they do have some goldmines where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliborio View Post
    So, there's a bunch of diaper reviews on the Wiki, but they all seem to exist independently of each other, with no relative sense. I was thinking maybe it might be a nice idea to put the matter to public vote: which diapers would the ADISC community (ehehehe tautology) recommend, in order of most to least?

The easiest way as I see it is to assign a points system. Thumb-up or thumb-down a particular kind of diaper. I'll record the thumbs up and thumbs down for later use, and the difference between the two will be used to give the diaper a semi-official ranking.

The list is in alphabetical order for now. Once I get votes I'll rank the diapers in order of voteage.
    - Abena Abri-Form Super
    - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus
    - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Air-Plus
    - Tyco Assurance
    - Attends Briefs, plastic-backed variant
    - Attends Briefs, extended wear variant
    - Attends Briefs, breathable style
    - Bambino Diapers / Secure Personal Care X-Plus
    - CVS Pharmacy briefs
    - Depend Maximum Protection
    - Depend Fitted Briefs, cloth variant (possibly same product)
    - Dry 24/7
    - Dry Comfort briefs
    - Drynites / GoodNites
    - Eurobrief / Uniquebrief
    - Molicare Super Plus briefs
    - Tranquility All Through the Night (ATN) briefs.
    - Pampers UnderJams.
    - Walgreens Certainty fitted briefs.
    - Wellness fitted briefs.
    Why don't we just setup a poll of who everyone thinks is the best diapers...?

That has been attempted before; but because of the forum limitations, it didn't work out very well and that thread is buried deep within the archives. There's simply too many options to cover in a thread poll. Good Idea, Bad Implementation. A wiki page would work very well instead.