Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Help

Default Music Help

Question,
    Next weekend, I am DJ'ing a school dance. I know for a fact I am doing the elementary one and they are bringing in somebody for the highschool. I believe I am also doing the middle school.

Basically the question. I NEED songs to play. I am a sophomore in college and have no CLUE what they would even listen to. I am getting the last couple "Now thats why I call music" cd's. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    Question,
    Next weekend, I am DJ'ing a school dance. I know for a fact I am doing the elementary one and they are bringing in somebody for the highschool. I believe I am also doing the middle school.

Basically the question. I NEED songs to play. I am a sophomore in college and have no CLUE what they would even listen to. I am getting the last couple "Now thats why I call music" cd's. Any suggestions?
    Can you give me the ages of the elementary and middle school kids, so i roughly know what to look for please

Umm I'm guessing Jesse McCartney, Beyoncé, Nickelback. If you want a decent idea look at the kids bop CDs but use the origianl stuff don't use the covers on the CD because they suck.

Don't use those CD's. The songs on those were popular at one point, but have died off. Just listen to what's on the radio, check the Billboard top 100, check the iTunes top list. A couple of songs I can recommend are...

Sexy Bitch (or the more appropriate 'Sexy Chick') by David Guetta
    Songs from Lady GaGa's new album, and maybe some from her older one (Suggested ones: Paparazzi, Bad Romance)
    Songs from Black Eyed Peas new album (Namely I've Got a Feeling, and Meet Me Halfway).

Since you're doing it for kids, get the 'Clean' versions for sure.

Most kids seem to be into stuff that's not really music anyways, so just play a lot of that. Anything that's high selling on iTunes, or sounds like a horny 13 year old with a key board and auto tune could have come up with should make most of them happy. You should just play David Bowie all night and see how people react. Or scary Norwegian black metal.

i didn't think about looking at the itunes...i'll probably grab a couple songs, but the originals, off of kidz bop. And really, oldest will probably 14ish, down to maybe 2nd grade...i really have no idea

2low

high school id say maybe hip hop ish or stuff like mentioned in previous post and yea checking out the rencent top stuff might be good point to start on

Get the most hardcore, screaming stuff. That's what these kids like these days.

They both sounded half decent until the singer started singing. And the 'breakdown' sections... why do they ruin such cool licks?