Thread: Intro, Mk II

Default Intro, Mk II

I made an intro thread a bit ago, but quite frankly it was crap, and under a different user name, so here we go: Intro MkII!

I live in York, United Kingdom, a lovely little and incredibly historic city. It's the kind of size where its got everything you need, and then some, but you can still walk comfortably from the outskirts of the city to the very centre within half an hour. Shame the only decent suplies store is Boots, although admittedly it's a very nice size!

I'm in year 11, and just about to sit my GCSEs, and hoping to go study medicine, if I can get my organisation sorted . I love History and the Sciences, and am rather interested in politics, (after being engrained throughout my childhood that Labour are the the best party ever by my parents!).

I play the drums, and love technology (read: geek). I love 'alternative' music (Franz Ferdinand, Battles, CSS to name a few). I'm one of those people who likes to pretend games can be art (honest!), and love the craziness of stuff like the Katamari series, although I am impartial to blowing zombies heads off!

On the *B/DL side, i guess I'd say I'm bang in between; I love regressing, although there is something fetishistic about it all. I'm currently stuck with Drynites, but am very pleased with my purchase of a Nuk 5 (link, link!).

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you guys better, because I think I'm staying around. This truly is the best community around, and I'm really glad to be part of it and look forward to being more so in the future!

that was a lovely little post... Yay more medical-types; we have a only few, but it's nice to see their numbers grow.

Poor poor labour party. I hear it isn't doing so well, and could use a more popular leader but is still doomed. awww /Raccoon cuddles your Labour Party.

York is a lovely city. I really like town centres that retain their charm and idiosyncrasies as most tend to be fairly indistinguishable these days. Bit touristy I suppose, but that's the price you pay for being distinctive and attractive as a place.

Interested in politics, eh? Good, good. I'm a student of politics myself and would say that while the Labour Party of Clem Atlee and Nye Bevan can possibly claim to be the best ever in this country, the Labour Party of Gordon Brown and Peter Mandleson sadly cannot. I would like to be able to vote Labour but the current lot just don't deserve it.

The geeky/gamey/technology stuff will see you fit it well with plenty here so that's all good. On your musical tastes, Franz Ferdinand's first album was great and I saw them play around the time it was released though I'm afraid I haven't really kept up to date with their newer stuff. I've seen CSS too but they aren't really my cup of tea to be honest.

Anyhoo, welcome (again)!

Peachy

Oh - York!

Only place where you can hear hammering at the press of a button:
    http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/TalesOfAPeach/YorkToNY/IMG_2280.jpg
    (at the NRM, in case you're wondering).

Other than that, you can indeed walk everywhere in York...even around the city on the city wall
    http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/TalesOfAPeach/YorkToNY/IMG_2312.jpg
    ...if you don't get trampled down by the other 5 kazillion tourists everywhere.

Either way...welcome to ADISC. Enjoy your time here, and your unique NUK 5 (the standard off-the-rack version doesn't come in pink as the one shown in your binky linky...do I sense a little sissy baby there? )

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    do I sense a little sissy baby there? )
    daddy all the sissies seem to come to you

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    ...do I sense a little sissy baby there?
    Maybe *looks shifty*

Oh the NRM. Haven't been there in years. It tries so hard to be cool but it just never seems to quite pull it off.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by thanksforallthefish View Post
    Maybe *looks shifty*

Oh the NRM. Haven't been there in years. It tries so hard to be cool but it just never seems to quite pull it off.
    I like trains, so the NRM was a place I wanted to visit, even if it took me 4 years to finally go and visit York after my first time traveling around the UK. I made sure to take an ADISC member with me for the visit

Peachy