Thread: Big Blankie

Default Big Blankie

anyone know of a places I could possibly, get a good baby blankie that's large enough to sleep with but still nice and soft enough to cuddle with. I know there have been some threads on this in the past but I haven't quite found what I'm looking for. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears thanks guys and gals :3

You mean like the one in this pic?

I made it for DF. It is adult sized and very soft. I could make another one in a different color or pattern if you would be interested.

I will warn you though, one of those is not cheap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF On Blankie.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	598  

Flea markets and ethnic stores usually have some guy selling fleece blankets with different designs, like tigers, unicorns and spongebob. They cost about $20 and are great for being blankies, although they may get heavy

This is the one I got (the light blue).

Satin Trim Acrylic Blanket - Blair

It doesn't have any baby designs, but I like it a lot...reminds me of the blanket I had as a baby. It's soft, big, and has a satin trim. So it may not be to your liking...but I figured I might as well offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post

It doesn't have any baby designs, but I like it a lot...reminds me of the blanket I had as a baby. It's soft, big, and has a satin trim. So it may not be to your liking...but I figured I might as well offer it.
    Oh, awesome. I've been trying to find a blanket like this for years. They used to be all over in stores when I was very young, and my actual baby blanket was very similar to this... unfortunately, I wore it ragged. And it was small.

I tried to get a twin or full sized blanket like this for my bed several years ago but had no luck. I think I'll ask for one for Christmas

I don't have a blanket that size, but I have a child size sleeping bag my grandmother gave me that won't zip anymore.

:: My Blankee | ::

Or, head on over to etsy and find someone that makes baby/toddler blankets and ask them to make you a larger one. They will do it; I know from experience I have a very large blanket that's minky dot on one side and a cute print on the other. Satin trimmed. I love it.

Try to go out and buy some fleece, flannel, cashmere, or other cuddly fabric and make your own, that way it will be perfect! I have a homemade one that my boyfriend made me, with music notes all over it, and on the flipside, a gay pride flag. He made it so well that I couldn't put it down once it was in my paws. Now I can't sleep without it :p So give homemade a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post

I made one of those for Brian last year. I can make one for you if you want. It won't be cheep though...