Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best free/shareware for.... (yes you gotta look)

Default What is the best free/shareware for.... (yes you gotta look)

I need to convert two current Top Gear episodes I "acquired" in HD from a .ts and .mkv to a format that I can send to my networked PS3 for viewing on the big tv, like mpeg4 or .h264 (i think). As it is now, I can only view on my desktop using the VLC player I've had for a while.

I HAVE to get my TG fix!

What do I use??
    Last edited by Lil Snap; 01-Dec-2009 at 03:53. Reason: wrong flv is not vlc

Try VLC. The converting options are a bit technical, but it handles more formats than anything else I've seen.

ConverterXtoDVD is great software but you got to buy it, unless well you get it by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post
    Try VLC. The converting options are a bit technical, but it handles more formats than anything else I've seen.
    DM, I have tried the conversion setup in vlc (I misnamed it in my OP) and it is quite difficult. I never got it to correctly convert. I have updated the software, and I'll try it again, but chances are the screw up was on my end, and I can't update that part!

the program is called SUPER, converts anything to anything, literally, best damn program i've used for video converting. I do a lot of video editing so i have experience with the program

I second SUPER. It's a bitch to click through the site..So here is the direct download link: http://www.erightsoft.org/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    DM, I have tried the conversion setup in vlc (I misnamed it in my OP) and it is quite difficult. I never got it to correctly convert. I have updated the software, and I'll try it again, but chances are the screw up was on my end, and I can't update that part!
    Fair enough. I will admit that it's very hard to use.

What i am currently using after getting tired of having to convert hd files is PS3 Media Server

ps3mediaserver - Project Hosting on Google Code

Its quite easy to use and works quite well if you have a good wifi connection. Hope it helps ^^

Error404

WinFF

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

WinFF - Free Video Converter