Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big difference between DL and *BDL ?

Default Big difference between DL and *BDL ?

After taking the survey "ABDL Checklist: Survey of your interests" I find myself thinking that there's a big difference between "DL only" and "*BDL". Speaking for myself, I am not really interested in regressions, being babied etc. Granted, I love being taken care of - who doesn't?! But whenever I find myself role playing it's always in a D/S kind of way. For me wearing diapers and related clothing is more of a form of cross dressing (at the risk of repeating myself) with a strong element of self-caring.

I wonder what others' experience is. Please share how you see yourselves in regards to this question. Is there an element of age, where older folks are more into diapers as a fetish and younger folks more into the identity and role playing elements? Is it not related to age at all?

There is also a difference between AB and ABDL. ABDL is just a combined term... take whatever parts of it you wish, kinda like BDSM. I'm a masochist, but not a sadist, I'm a slave and a submissive, but not a Dominant or a Master.

I can identify with being an AB, but I'm not a DL.

Yeah, you just have to realize "AB/DL" is a pretty general term. Some people consider themselves a mixture of both, while others just identify with one or the other. There's no real right or wrong, just whatever you identify most with.

I would say that, predominately, I think of myself as a LG ( LG = ' Little Girl ' ) of pre-school to early grade-school age, but one that still needs and enjoys being in diapers. I guess that's where the DL fits in. Whenever I can, this is how I choose to dress and behave, as a LG. When I have finished with the daily duties and responsibilities of adulthood, I allow myself to outwardly express the way I feel inside. I become the LG that is always in my heart and soul. I feel the most at ease, and the most comfortable when I allow myself to drop the artificial image that I must present to the world, and just be the LG that I am inside. There are times when I regress further, when I feel more infantile, more like a 'sissy-baby'. That is where the AB part comes in. At bedtime, I almost always wear a very frilly, sissy-baby outfit to sleep in. So, I actually spend more time dressed as a little baby girl than I do as a LG, but since I am asleep, I don't think that counts for much. There is a whole lot of variation to be found under the 'umbrella' terms "*B/DL".

curiousitykitten

You see, I'm part of a minority here on adisc. I don't wear and have never worn in my entire life. However, after noticing my enjoyment in reading reggression stories and simply reading about diapers I have concured that I may have some infantalist tendencies. The only real regression I partake in (if you call it that) is after a long day I'll put on some cartoon pjs(normal for girls...im wearing hello kitty right now), cuddle with my koala bear, and watch disney channel. I don't do this often, but its a form of regression that I can honestly say I do. If i had to give an age to my um... regressed state I'd say 7 or 8 because I always use big girl panties.

I agree with the others, that I don't think being either AB or DL, or a combination of both is age related. I think it's more how we're hard wired, or what ever causes this. I've been a DL for all of my life, which is a few years now. I've also identified with being babyish, so for me, it's both. It's also sexual, and as far as I can remember, has always been, even when I was 4 years old. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I think 4 year olds experience sexual stimulation, just on their own terms.

As someone who became a TB after being DL i find that the two are two halves of one coin (for me at least) the DL is how i like to dress the aesthetic feelings i get, however the TB side of me, regressing just a little or a whole lot is my real stress reliever
    I don't think it has anything to do with age very simply it's just different for everyone.

hmm, well lets see I'm a diaper lover so I obviously like diapers and the diaper aspect of it (specifically the padding and the way it feels against my skin), I love 'em . But I have a few *BDL tendencies (i wouldn't mind being babied a little and I do like dressing up in some outfits and stuff), I like cute things and I have a couple of pacifiers and I'm currently trying to save up for a sailorsuit (which I'd like to thank everyone at Adisc who answered my post for places online where I can find some) and a pair of blue plastic pants. It's always been my understanding that DL is more about the sexual aspect and the *BDL aspect is more about caring comfort and security, and cuteness too .
    Last edited by LinusBlueSnow; 01-Dec-2009 at 06:44.

Quote Originally Posted by LinusBlueSnow View Post
    hmm, well lets see I'm a diaper lover so I obviously like diapers and the diaper aspect of it (specifically the padding and the way it feels against my skin), I love 'em . But I have a few *BDL tendencies (i wouldn't mind being babied a little and I do like dressing up in some outfits and stuff), I like cute things and I have a couple of pacifiers and I'm currently trying to save up for a sailorsuit (which I'd like to thank everyone at Adisc who answered my post for places online where I can find some) and a pair of blue plastic pants. It's always been my understanding that DL is more about the sexual aspect and the *BDL aspect is more about caring comfort and security, and cuteness too .
    It generally seems to be the case that DLs are sexual in their interest, but we've had a few comment that that it wasn't sexual at all for them. I think it just serves to point that in areas of human interest, you're not going to have any luck saying something is all one thing or another. At best you're going to get a strong preference or likelihood, but there will always be the non-sexual DL or the highly-sexed regressive AB or whatever.

To the OP, I don't believe you'll find any age component to it and I think any other big common demonimator is also unlikely, except that people's interests tend to expand as they are exposed to more of them, so you get slow slides into AB-ism from hard and fast DLs, an interest in Furs, etc. over time when communities are formed. Tastes and interests mix, match, and merge: we infect each other.