Thread: Practical aspects of combining diapers with married life

Default Practical aspects of combining diapers with married life

I would like to know from others how they manage the practical aspects of combining wearing diapers and married life. First the questions, then my own answers.

* Do you change your diaper in front of your spouse?
    * When do you and your spouse talk about your wearing diapers? And when it happens, what do you talk about and how do you talk about it?
    * If you share a bed with your spouse, do you two "spoon" when you are diapered?
    * When you have sex, does foreplay include your diaper? Do you begin foreplay while you are still wearing your diaper?
    * Do you or does your spouse wash your diaper things?

My answers:
    No, I don't change my diapers in front of my wife. I typically go into a bathroom and change there (our kids' diaper pail is in there, too. Very convenient.)
    We've talked about it a lot quite a few years ago. These days we aren't talking about it much. If at all then I am the one to bring it up, but more because it's a comforting mechanism and I want to talk about having a hard time with stress at work etc., rather than talking about the experience of being diapered.
    Yes, we spoon while I am diapered.
    My diapers are neither a turn-off or a turn-on for my wife. When she wants sex the she wants sex. I may at times be wearing my diaper during foreplay, but it usually comes off pretty quickly.
    In our house, whomever does laundry washes my diaper things.
    Last edited by wolfpup2008; 30-Nov-2009 at 16:03. Reason: Spelling.

Butterfly Mage

I don't usually change my diaper in front of my partner.
    It's neither a turn on nor a turn off to him
    I sleep in the bed with him while diapered.
    We take turns doing laundry.

It's basically not a big deal.

If a person's wife or partner is aware and accepting of their partners diaper use, most of these responses I would expect to be fairly common.

I always change and dispose of my diapers privately, mostly out of respect for my wife.

* When do you and your spouse talk about your wearing diapers? And when it happens, what do you talk about and how do you talk about it?

We seldom talk about diaper wearing or diaper related items. I did provide her with Tena Pads I had to help her with her heavy days of her period. Since then she has had me purchase more of them for her for this purpose. One day she found me cutting out smaller disposable diapers to modify them as use of boosters. I was able to explain what I was doing and what I used them for. She is aware of and unfazed by my stash and that I bring along a "diaper bag" on trips. Pretty straight forward.

* If you share a bed with your spouse, do you two "spoon" when you are diapered?

I wear at night when my wife has her period. Then we are both wearing our "snuggers" and cuddle and spoon all night.

* When you have sex, does foreplay include your diaper? Do you begin foreplay while you are still wearing your diaper?

Our foreplay does not include my diaper (but usually includes some other "baby things" - Pacifier, our plush bunnies and our bunny blankies, go figure). My wife usually powders me at night after our shower. We tried using a diaper in sexual play once early in our relationship and it was a miserable fail (sometimes fantasy is not as fulfilling if attempted in reality). It did lead to other experimentation however (water-sports, etc.) that we have now integrated into our sexual repertoire.

My wife still works full time. I am retired, so I do all the cooking, dishwashing and laundry. So I wash all of my diaper related items.
    Last edited by Diapered Rabbit; 30-Nov-2009 at 14:09.

If we are together she will change me. Its part of what makes it special.

We call them my "magic pants". My wife finds it easier to mentally prepare if we talk about it earlier in the evening and she likes it when I am clear and direct about what I want. She will also suggest it now and then -- she's pretty intuitive about when I would like it and when I would not.

While I am wearing she likes to let me totally relax. Sometimes she will ask about how it feels, and what place I am in, sometimes we will talk about my childhood and what I remember enjoying and sometimes she just holds me. It depends on the mood.

Yes. She likes me to wear my boxers over them but is happy to spoon of we are lying down or if we are on the couch she will hold me. She's pretty comfortable touching or patting my puffy magic pants as she holds me. But it really isn't sexual. It's more the way you might hold or cuddle a little child.

We keep sex and diapers absolutely distinct. It would feel odd to either of us to integrate them. We treat it a lot like a massage or a chance to connect on another level. The only time there is a conflict is when I ask for my magic pants and she was hoping for sex. I always let her choose, since I still believe that this is a huge gift she is giving me and I want to respect and appreciate that.

We use disposables so no washing. My wife did surprise me a couple of weeks ago by buying me a sippy cup, which she thought might feel nice for me and she's happy to wash.

I change my diaper in the bathroom when I am alone. Sometimes she comes in and does something like does her hair, put wash in the washer or will ask something. I usually feel wierd then...

We don't talk about diapers.

I don't wear diapers to or in bed because I can't sleep in them.

Our forplay doesn't include my diapers. But it did happen a couple of times that we got started and I still had my diaper on...

I don't really have any diaper things that need to be washed. But if I did it wouldn't matter either she would or I would

I dont make it a point to, but sometimes I am changing, and she will walk into the room. She doesn't roll her eyes or anything, she knows who she married.

Its kind of a non-issue, she wears them too sometimes, we talk about it like anything else, like who is doing dishes, or who's going to the store.

Interesting and very specific question. but yes.

sometimes, but it doesn't dominate our sex life. We do other fun stuff too

I wash my own diaper stuff, I would feel bad if I made her do it, and she doesn't know the specifics on washing the cloth diapers anyway.

Hey all, I am not married but my gf and I plan on being married in a year and a half. She has been extremely supportive and I could ask for no better woman in the entire world!

Yes, but only when changing into a diaper at night, never when changing a wet diaper. I suspect she wouldn't mind, but I just have not done it yet as I feel a bit awkward about it.

We do talk about it, usually when I bring it up. However, I confided in her that this part of my life sometimes made me feel different and it helped being able to share things with her, so being the wonderful woman she is, she came up with the idea that every evening we would talk about it, or some aspect of it, and that way I would never feel weird and we could explore it together.

Yes we spoon together when I am diapered, and she is very playful about it!

I love it when foreplay involves diapers, and sex as well. She wears for me when I ask her too and has found something to enjoy in it, though she says it does not inherently turn her on as it does me. Still she does it and likes it and I am a very happy camper..the hard part is that sometimes I feel weird asking so it doesn't happen nearly as much as I would like, but that is totally on me, not her.

There is nothing to wash as I only wear disposables, but in the past when I have had accidents, she has been kind enough to do the laundry. Though we don't live together, we occasionally do each others laundry if she is over my place or vice versa.

I consider myself an extremely lucky man to be with such an understanding and loving woman. It took her almost three years to get to this point, but through that time we have really grown together. I look forward to spending forever with her! Cheers!

Rog, that is great. From what I have read, you and I are both lucky -- it sounds like not all women are as forward thinking as our respective partners.

This leads me to a thought -- as the baby boomer generation ages, more and more people will be wearing dipaers and the taboo will start to fade, if not wither on the vine. We'll see.......

Jared