Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hi everyone! I'm Near (no, not in that sense ).

Why Near? Well, I am a fan of Japanese culture in general (even tough Japanese class is destroying my GPA :cryhankie, and I got into manga/anime quite young (thanks to Detective Conan, or Case Closed in English, and to a lesser extend, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragon Ball (without the Z)). You might also notice I love brackets. That comes from taking Computer Science in University (first year, still at home and Java, for those that are wondering).

Anyway, Near. Well, he's a Death Note character that most Death Note fans hate. Well, I love the character, so ya, Near will do for my user-name. He kinda sorta reminds me of how I was as a child. Or rather how I saw myself back when I was a child.
    Oh, and its four letters long, which matches my initials (sans middle name, mind you).

Anyway, enough for that. I love watching sports, mostly Bobsleigh, Skeleton, Biathlon and (on the rare occasions I can find it) Handball. I also love Association Football (Soccer is an abbreviation of association, for those wondering to which of the dozen Football codes I was referring), Alpine Skiing, Water Polo, Curling and pretty much any sport that is not Golf, Baseball or Golf. Heck, replace Baseball by Golf. I also like running and I recently started Fencing. Oh, if you ever want to know anything about the Olympics, ask me. Because I know way too much random facts about the five ring circus...

I also like video games, and I am a big fan of the "Ace Attorney" series (Objection is the single greatest word in the English language). I am also a big Harry Potter fan (literally grew up whit the series, read the first book when I was 10 and the last when I was 15), whit His Dark Materials coming in a close second (despite the amazingly disappointing movie adaptation of Golden Compass).

Finally, for those wondering why my location is in German, its an homage to the fact that the "old" Brunswick is located in Germany. Which is something most New Brunswickers don't even know .

Oh, almost forgot, I'm a DL whit some AB tendencies, and I'm tiered which explains the long rambling post.

Near
    (Promise my next post will be shorter...).

Great introduction Near =)

I'm a big football fan myself. Do you have a team?

Welcome to ADISC!

Hey Near Welcome to ADISC what video games do you play.

Hey Near great intro!

I don't care what people say I like L and Near because their so smart and yet childish. Hope to see you around.

Mesmerale

DEATHNOTE!!!! *tackle-pounce-huggles* He's sooo cuutteee!!!!

*coughs*

Um.. Welcome to ADISC.. Yeah...

Other than that... Isn't Case Closed awesome? And.. Yeah, that's kind of it... >.>

Mass response:
    -Favorite Football team: Tottenham (when I get the chance to watch them) and Toronto F.C. . Plus, the Canadian national team (but its usually depressing supporting them, unless its the women's team that is playing).

-Well, as I said I'm a Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice fanatic. I usually really love RPGs (western and Jap.), and I used to be a Nintendo fanboy back in the day, even tough I haven't bought anything from them since Super Mario Galaxy (that will change when Spirit Tracks comes out, tough). Most anticipated game: Mass Effect 2.

-There isn't anything wrong whit DBZ (well, except repetition), I just like the earlier storyline better. That, and kid Goku = awesome comic relief.

-Case Closed is great, but I can't keep up anymore... Just so many volumes...

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Finally, for those wondering why my location is in German, its an homage to the fact that the "old" Brunswick is located in Germany. Which is something most New Brunswickers don't even know .
    They're not missing much - Braunschweig isn't all that great. It's rather boring, and the war didn't leave many of the historic buildings, and to top it off, the city government decided to dismantle the ruin of the old downtown castle in the early 1960s. It was rebuilt as a tacky shopping mall like 3 years ago.
    I hope those who emigrated from Braunschweig to New Brunswick learned from that

Either way, welcome to ADISC. Enjoy your time here!

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    -Case Closed is great, but I can't keep up anymore... Just so many volumes...
    I can agree on that one. I switched to Verizon last year and got the Funimation channel and that's how I got into Case Closed.

Manga 66 volumes as of Nov. 18th
    Anime 561 episdoes as of Dec. 26th

Seems hard to believe they got that much with a snopsis of: 17 yr old detictive turned into a 6 yr old kid by poison and lives with girlfriend but she doesn't know and helps her idiot father solve cases.

Wingychan

Sprechen Sie deutsch? Ich spreche kein deutsch.

Willkommen!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I stole those phases of a site.

Anywho, Welcome my friend.