Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No snow in november since 1939

Default No snow in november since 1939

This is the first snowless november for Toronto since record keeping began in 1939. I feel like this is a sign to me. I just moved to toronto and I hate snow.

Yay!

There's still one day left, but no snow is predicted.

It's also been fairly warm the past few weeks, reaching up to 15 degrees at some times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    I hate snow.
    Can we switch places? Because I fuckin' love it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeiNei View Post
    Me too! =(

We get hardly any snow here any more. Especially around Christmas... all it does is rain. A couple of years ago it did actually snow quite heavily (for here) on my birthday in March, and then the year after it was bloody hot!!

Untouched snow is so beautiful.

I hate snow, I think it comes from all of the years I had to work in it, as far as no snow go's, I'm all for it.

I hope it starts snowing here sometime in late february, and is gone for good by early march.

If I never saw snow again it would be OK with me.

Just us all living in the northern part of the US and all of Canada be patient. The snow will be here before we know it!

I don't think this part of Virginia ever gets snow in November, though we have gotten it in December. I like it on occasion. In Ohio, we got 2 feet of snow the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I had a driveway that ran the full length of the house to the garage, which was a double bay. I had a lot of shoveling to do after that storm. Fortunately I was in my 20's at the time, so it didn't really bother me. Traffic was stopped and stores were closed for three days after the storm. It was an exciting adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by NeiNei View Post
    BWHAHAHAHAHA

Go live in my home town for a few days in late january. Then get back to me.

(your chore list will include: shoveling snow every morning, scraping ice off the windshield every time you leave your car for longer than four hours, idling the car for 15 mins before you can use it, freezing your ass off as you wait for the bus which only comes every hour between 9am and 7pm, waiting for the damn dog to hurry up so you can go inside, chiseling dog crap out of the ice so you can dispose of it properly)

Those five foot snowbanks on the side of my driveway sure look beautiful, but you aren't thinking that when you're moving them out of the way with a snow scoop the size of a chesterfield.

And the worse part of all? In my 12 years of schooling there, we had maybe 4 snow days total. Northern Ontario schools never call for snow days unless it is physically impossible to get to school (i.e. there's so much snow you can't even walk there).

It sucks not having as much snow here in the DMV. We only get around 3 days now. I have to work on snow days but extra cash is great! Global Warming is doing horrible to these kids.

I have a feeling we are going to get snow again this year. It's cold at night. But then my aunt said it's supposed to be a el nino and it's supposed to be warmer and drier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    And the worse part of all? In my 12 years of schooling there, we had maybe 4 snow days total. Northern Ontario schools never call for snow days unless it is physically impossible to get to school (i.e. there's so much snow you can't even walk there).
    I'm from Northern Quebec (now living in the capital, but I'll still use "we" to make it easier), so I can somewhat relate to that. Actually, we didn't get that many snow days, because there aren't many snowstorms up there. The climate is much more dry than it is in the St. Lawrence valley. So what we get is mainly cold temperatures where buses get cancelled (which meant classes weren't mandatory to attend for the time buses didn't go around, but school was still open). Usually, temperatures had to be under -35C for it to get cancelled. I remember once we got no school for the day because snow melted in a strange way.

Anyway, back to Quebec City, it has snowed here last night, but it might melt away by the next two days.