Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pee Technique

Default Pee Technique

Ok, this might seem kind of weird. But if there is a place to ask this kind of question, this is it!

What I've found with cheap diapers like Depends or drug store brand pull-ups (adult) is that if, while you are peeing, you just let it all out at once, the diapers are almost guaranteed to leak. Has anyone else found that you have to pee in spurts to avoid leaking? I find it incredibly annoying and I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this problem. Has anyone else experienced it and found a way around it? I want to just be able to let it all go and relax, baby!

(my apologies if this already a thread.)

sorry ive never used depends only drynites, but they leak a lot due to letting your bladder go all at once and just gets really uncomfortable

Peeing slowly or in spurts is pretty much the only way to go unless you are standing and are willing to wait for it to absorb before you sit down. Even with good diapers peeing fast or "flooding" can easily cause leaks unless you are in the right position. Adult diapers are not made for people with healthy bladders.

Quote Originally Posted by fallout3 View Post
    sorry ive never used depends only drynites, but they leak a lot due to letting your bladder go all at once and just gets really uncomfortable
    Same, i always pee slowly when in my drynites, can't wait to get something of a higher quality!

Not me I just let go,(flood) if you add a more absorbant material just where it counts, it absorbs then passes into the diaper, I use this technique with assurance and top of the line diapers

Elli

I agree with MessyMan that using slowly and gradually is the way to go (excuse the pun). I used to wait 'til I was bursting then use bit by bit, which was uncomfortable to say the least. Some one around here suggested the alternative and now, if I intend to use the nappy, I do so as soon as I put it on (usually having first used the toilet) and then as frequently as possible thereafter. It gives the SAP more time to absorb properly and I get less leakage. The quality of the nappy counts too, but it's not everything. Even an awesome nappy might leak if flooded. Using frequently doesn't seem annoying anymore, in fact, after a while it comes naturally to 'go' every now and then, without thinking about it a great deal. It's quite commonly known to be a good way to make fuller usage without leakage. There could be other threads to check out. And yeah, I almost can't believe there could be any technique to using a nappy, but here I am discussing it!

Allow me to convert you all to cloth diapers and plastic pants. With that combination you can let go and not have any problems. I buy night time weight, and the high back plastic pants. You can actually let go several times and not have a problem. Of course if you're living at home with parents, cloth wouldn't work unless they know and accept. But for me, cloth works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    And yeah, I almost can't believe there could be any technique to using a nappy, but here I am discussing it!
    Ha. I love it.

I think I'm going about it wrong holding it in, then "flooding" (learned the correct terminology!). Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I thought, shoot, maybe all the diapers I get are defective.

I'll try the frequent and often approach next time.

Thanks for all the input!

An approach I learned once, before you put on the diaper, totally empty your bladder.
    then when you put on the diaper, relax it, and let all the pee you have go every few minutes. Then you can hold the diaper for hours if it had a reasonable absorbency.

If you have the right kind of cloth diaper, you could flood it with no problems, even laying down.