Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back

Default I'm back

I have just come home from my vacation on Sanibel Island. I had a great time in the sunshine, but am sad to have to come back to crappy Michigan weather, oh well. It was a fun time. During the week long vacation I was not once mad, depressed, or angry with someone or something, so it was just what I needed, I doubt it will keep up long, but it was a nice change of pace.

Hope everything is peachy with everyone on here, see ya around!

Welcome back! It will be bad to transition from Tropical Paradise to Wolverine Nation but at least you have a good story to tell.

Threads: 300 (wow)

Sorry just had to point that out

Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Threads: 300 (wow)

Sorry just had to point that out

Welcome back
    Ha, what do you mean by that?

That's coo, man. If you feel so great while you're there, you should move there. That's what I'm planning on doing (any american want to marry me so I can get citizenship?)

Michigan ain't that bad in the summer.

oh summer is ok, but winter, well it is ok too, but it is nice to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I have just come home from my vacation on Sanibel Island. I had a great time in the sunshine, but am sad to have to come back to crappy Michigan weather, oh well. It was a fun time. During the week long vacation I was not once mad, depressed, or angry with someone or something, so it was just what I needed, I doubt it will keep up long, but it was a nice change of pace.

Hope everything is peachy with everyone on here, see ya around!
    Good to see that you got away for a bit.

I didn't realize you were in Michigan. Being just south of you, I can relate to the impact that (dark) weather has on outlook. If you consistently feel bad as the days get shorter, have you looked into SAD treatments (e.g. light therapy) or at least brought this up with someone?

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Good to see that you got away for a bit.

I didn't realize you were in Michigan. Being just south of you, I can relate to the impact that (dark) weather has on outlook. If you consistently feel bad as the days get shorter, have you looked into SAD treatments (e.g. light therapy) or at least brought this up with someone?
    I have never heard of that treatment until now, have you had it before?

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I have never heard of that treatment until now, have you had it before?
    No, but I bought a light box (a Litebook Elite) last winter. Didn't end up using it, which was stupid.

I bought it to help me get my sleeping schedule figured out and to help me through feeling low after looking out on gray skies and ground every day.

I remember what it was like to live in Ohio. I was there for almost 10 years and the winters were so long and depressing, so I know where you're coming from. Virginia is much better in that regard. It's one reason why I moved here. Summers are a bit hot. It's not unusual to have weather over 100 and extremely humid, so each has its trade off. I would rather be in hot than cold.