Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck stops and diapers

Default Truck stops and diapers

When highway driving, I stop at truck stops frequently, I noticed many have accommodation for changing adult diapers (handicap stalls with a seating area and trash can) yet I never seen a truck stop sell diapers.
    I heard rumors of truckers who wear, but never encountered any, nor seen direct evidence that any do.
    I know alot of diaper wearers stop at truck stops, and I wonder if thats who they build for.

Dude, I work at a truck stop and all I can say is that there is more than a few reasons truck stops don't sell that kind of stuff:

No one would buy it unless they have an absolutely evil grin on their face (humiliation issues).
    If truck stops did sell them, they wouldn't be worth a damn anyways.
    We get EVERY kind of person there is: honest people, women with unnaturally large racks, drunk hobos/homeless people, cheaters, cons, nice people, hilarious people, foreign people, drugies, drug dealers, executives, and utterly deplorable people; pretty much everyone from all walks of life. Plus, the travel center (grocery store in short) has a slight problem with people trying to walk off with random stuff (stealing).

That's why truck stops don't sell them.

I can't really beat entity's response, but really there's no reason for truck stops to sell diapers. Yes, we've all heard rumors that some truckers wear diapers. Do some truckers wear them, most probably yes, there's hundreds of thousands, if not a few million truck drivers in the USA alone, so the chances are high that at least a few of them having incontinence issues, or even being AB/DL.

As for the handicapped stalls, that's precisely what they are, stalls designed to accommodate those with limited mobility, they aren't specifically designed for people who want to or need to wear diapers, but rather especially for people in wheelchairs that need the extra room to manoeuver around to do what they need to do. I can say that I have seen a few mens restroom's where the individual stalls have a trash bin, rather than just the main one that all restrooms have. I'm sure there's a good reason for this, and I'd speculate that it's to encourage people who might be using something, not just diapers of course, to encourage to throw that item away in a trash bin rather than attempting to flush it and possibly causing a plumbing problem. As for what people tend to put in these trash bins, I do not know, I personally am not much into dumpster diving

yeah what they said (btw eintity intresting group of pepole there o.o XD)

i have been told that there is a large number of ab/dl in the trucking industry....

dahockeymasta97

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    i have been told that there is a large number of ab/dl in the trucking industry....
    Interesting...

Maybe because you can wear diapers without detection since you are alone, driving for hours...

Quote Originally Posted by teendlguy97 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    Interesting...

Maybe because you can wear diapers without detection since you are alone, driving for hours...
    Or maybe you are driving a vehicle the size of a semi down the road and are not certain where the next place to stop may be. It is not like you can just pull into any gas station or convenience store.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity' View Post
    We get EVERY kind of person there is: honest people, women with unnaturally large racks, drunk hobos/homeless people, cheaters, cons, nice people, hilarious people, foreign people, drugies, drug dealers, executives, and utterly deplorable people; pretty much everyone from all walks of life.
    At least you can easily say that it is never boring there....

You are correct, it is unnatural for there to be a boring day at work, let alone a boring moment. Everyone is on the move and in the 9 months in working there, I have probably talked 1 on 1 to more people than I have met in my entire life prior to working there.

But that doesn't stop me from hating the job.