Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most comfortable diapers for sitting

Default Most comfortable diapers for sitting

I find myself sitting for extended periods of time: at the office, in meetings, on airplanes. Sometimes I find that my diaper adds to the discomfort of sitting, sometimes it doesn't at all. It has to do with the fact that the edge of the absorbent area of the diaper is right under or near my seat bones. (technical term? "butt bones"? hip bones?) I have this problem with Abena X-Plus, but less with Molicares. In my experience cloth diapers are fuller in the bottom and more comfortable when sitting for a long time.

Anyway, what are your observations? Recommendations?

I've found that if I use a slightly larger diaper that sitting is more comfortable, perhaps because the diaper doesn't wrap so tight. Example: Abena Xplus Mediums were alright but would make my ass go to sleep relatively quickly, but large Secure Xplus do not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpup2008 View Post
    technical term? "butt bones"? hip bones?)
    It's hip bones, I believe. I don't think your actual butt has any bones, it's just the muscle Gluteus Maximus... But that's completely missing the point on my part XD

Thanks, Radix. I actually learned something here!

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by radix View Post
    I've found that if I use a slightly larger diaper that sitting is more comfortable, perhaps because the diaper doesn't wrap so tight. Example: Abena Xplus Mediums were alright but would make my ass go to sleep relatively quickly, but large Secure Xplus do not at all.

Any diaper is going to br uncomfortabl wen sitting.

annierighthurr

Bambinos have a pretty comfy seat as long as they're not too small and the tapes wrap around to the front rather then chaffing at the top of your thighs.

I noticed if you use some kind of barrier, like baby powder or oil, it helps your butt feel better for long sitting. My opinion lays in cloth.

Make sure you dont wet it to much to quickly, or it will be very uncomfortable, cold and irritating no matter what you do.

I only wear cloth but they usually are comfortable to sit on, at least while dry. Wet changes things as they can bunch. Laying down however is extremely comfortable and comforting.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I only wear cloth but they usually are comfortable to sit on, at least while dry. Wet changes things as they can bunch. Laying down however is extremely comfortable and comforting.
    Do cloth get itchy after you wet?

Not at all for me, as long as you care for your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by young4ever View Post
    Do cloth get itchy after you wet?