Thread: Hello everyone!

Default Hello everyone!

Hello everyone, this is Aviationchild hailing from CT, USA.

Apart from being a TB, I am very interested in aviation and trains. I also enjoy Indian films and music, travel, stocks, and cooking.

See you all in the forums!

Welcome to ADISC! What kinds of airplanes are you interested in?

Welcome to ADISC!

Hopefully you don't get washed out for Thanksgiving with all the rain you are getting.

Greetings as well. My dad flew, but alas, I never learned. I like trains and model trains. I ride my bike on an old abandoned train line. It's way cool. So welcome to the site. There are always people here who will have things in common with you. That's one reason why it's a great site.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Welcome to ADISC! What kinds of airplanes are you interested in?
    Thanks. I am interested in civilian/passenger aircraft. BTW I love your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris View Post
    Welcome to ADISC!

Hopefully you don't get washed out for Thanksgiving with all the rain you are getting.
    It has already started raining (as of Wednesday, 11/25 @ 19:50).

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Greetings as well. My dad flew, but alas, I never learned. I like trains and model trains. I ride my bike on an old abandoned train line. It's way cool. So welcome to the site. There are always people here who will have things in common with you. That's one reason why it's a great site.
    Was your father an airline pilot? I am interested in all types of passenger planes, particularly Indian aviation. Also it is nice how you found an abandoned rail track. Here in CT (and the whole NY area) trains are a popular mode of transport. I also remember going to NY just to ride the Subway.

OOOh, Indian movies... that means Bollywood musicals? I am a big fan of bollywood routines on So You Think You Can Dance... And we have a new person who plays sitar! So welcome and [yay] ADISC has people who share your less common interests...

you could "search" the words ethnic instruments to find the sitarist... And we have railway enthusiasts...

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by aviationchild View Post
    Here in CT (and the whole NY area) trains are a popular mode of transport. I also remember going to NY just to ride the Subway.
    MetroNorth? It's not much of a railroad, more like a long-distance surface subway system. At least that'S what it seemed like when I traveled on it 2 months ago. The weirdest thing was the fact that the conductress confiscated my ticket and replaced it with some weird paper strip with numbers from 0 to 1 into which she punched a hole. Apparently, it symbolizes that fact that you've already been checked and the number tells her how far you can travel. But it left me without a souvenir of my journey

Anyway, in the popular words of the train speakers (slightly altered):
    "Welcome aboard the ADISC service to DiaperLand. We will shortly be arriving at DiaperLand, where this train terminates. All change please, all change!"

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    "Welcome aboard the ADISC service to DiaperLand. We will shortly be arriving at DiaperLand, where this train terminates. All change please, all change!"

Peachy
    LOL @ Peachy!

YEah, another DL from the Nutmeg State (i am in NY) I know lots of kewl DLs throughout CT and MA (theres a bunch of them in Boston). I think I should make a thread of kewl AB/Dl friendly college towns!!

Anyway I know a chill AB/DL in CT who has a huge train collection and a huge diaper collection as well!

peace

Will =)

My dad flew small private planes. I have a picture of him when he was young, leaning against a bi-plane. He loved the Steerman.