Thread: It's been a real long time...

Default It's been a real long time...

So for the first time in well over a year, maybe even two, I got some diapers. I am not sure why I didn't for so long, I figure it was just money, and having "better" things to spend it on.

Any-who, I had a dream that involved diapers like a week ago and the entire next day it was all I could think about, and I had some extra money so I figured fuck it, why not? Went to the store, and bought the best diapers they had there (Depends Maximum Protection). Most people don't like the depends, but since the only diapers i've ever worn were cheap adult pull-ups and goodnites, these are the first real adult diapers i've ever worn.

Anyway, it feels good to be padded again after so long.

Hooray! Good for you man! I sadly don't have any left at the moment, but I'm very happy for you.

I don't know why so many people view Depends in such a negative light. They're just fine (if you know how to put them on right), and they are economically better than Abena and Bambino simply for the fact that they can easily be obtained locally in-person, which is preferable for the DL who is living with other people/shares mail with other people.

First of all: Wahoo! I know the feeling. I used to have a lot more time in between my diaper buying. Now, I'm kinda a regular. But still, it's nice to be padded again, huh?

Also, Depends, yeah, they are apt to leak and you can't wet in them as much as some of the thicker "mail-order" diapers, but if you figure out how to pee properly, it works. Now, that sounds silly. Pee properly. But, I've figured out a technique. Actually, this should probably be a thread in itself: Does anyone else find that they have to pee in spurts to stop a cheap diaper (depends definitely included) from leaking? I'm going to go make it now.

Specifically what i was referring to was a technique I read from the ADISC forums two or more years ago - "pre-fluffing" the diaper before putting it on. The padding and whatnot is lying flat and squished from folding it and packaging; pre-fluffing "unflatens" (not sure what to call it) the absorbent material, increasing the diaper's absorbency.

With this technique, I can get on average two good wettings out of a single Depends Maximum; without pre-fluffing, the diapers would only take about one and a half wettings (if that.)

I was thinking about making a thread about this, but thought it was something people already knew about. (Although, care must be taken when putting on more than one diaper - it was always a gut feeling that fluffing before cutting slits was the right order, and I got a chance to verify that last night. Tried to cut the slits first before fluffing, and I ended up tearing a gash right through the middle of the diaper! :O Good thing I was planning on wearing three, so that ripped diaper didn't go to waste... )

Wingychan

Binge and Purge, happens to the best of us...

Quote Originally Posted by TS_Chris View Post
    I don't know why so many people view Depends in such a negative light. They're just fine (if you know how to put them on right), and they are economically better than Abena and Bambino simply for the fact that they can easily be obtained locally in-person, which is preferable for the DL who is living with other people/shares mail with other people.
    I certainly agree with this, although they're not nearly so readily available as they have been. The introduction of their men's and women's specific pull-ups tended to push the Fitted Maximum Protection line out of the stores where they were carried. They're good enough for a starter diaper and/or just for light use. I can get much better, but I still keep them on hand.