Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Santa Letter program stop this year

Default Santa Letter program stop this year

What do you all think about the USA postal service cutting the Santa letter program and what do think we do to keep it going for children around the world I also
    I put link in this thread so you could ready the article about it .
    here the link to article
    US Postal Service ends popular Santa letter program in Alaska
    Last edited by Poohbearboy; 23-Nov-2009 at 04:57.

My guess is that they used the one letter as an excuse to stop the program because it probably cost them money. With the bad economy, they may have been looking for ways to cut back and unfortunately the Santa letters got cut.

Yeah you maybe your right but I wish way keep it because kids been writing Santa for years and I would hate see future where Santa just disappear from history because kids lose faith in him.

My guess is that they used the one letter as an excuse to stop the program because it probably cost them money.
    This is exactly the reason.

wait, what is this about not getting letters from santa? That's just sad, they are taking the one thing that kids believe in and taking it out of everything, malls, schools, and now this. That sucks.

Yeah that what say too it suck Santa mega icon of the world every kide around world maybe should see if Santa Clues got email services.

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    He my last post was bust think this will be good did any of you see that UPS is stop Santa letter to north pole because of a sex offender that found out one of there volunteer was sex offend in Santa letter program in east coast.

Do you think that should stop program for one problem that had with sex offender that was started in 1952.Also what do think that could so make it safer for kids with out stopping the program.

here the link to article
    US Postal Service ends popular Santa letter program in Alaska

Your post was really pretty confusing...

But I read the link, that is rediculus. This contry is becoming communistic where the government wants to control everything.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    Your post was really pretty confusing...

But I read the link, that is rediculus. This contry is becoming communistic where the government wants to control everything.
    Just for the fact of the matter, the government controlling everything would make it a totalitarian government, communism in the marxist sense means having no government and people trade between each-other and everyone is in the middle class.
    I think this sucks though, but its not the fault of the government.

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    Yeah you maybe your right but I wish way keep it because kids been writing Santa for years and I would hate see future where Santa just disappear from history because kids lose faith in him.
    Don't forget how much money he makes people too, parents go on shopping sprees that help out the economy a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    My guess is that they used the one letter as an excuse to stop the program because it probably cost them money. With the bad economy, they may have been looking for ways to cut back and unfortunately the Santa letters got cut.

Quote Originally Posted by yanni2 View Post
    This is exactly the reason.
    I really hate it, this isn't the first time that the economy's been bad (it happens every 10 to 15 years where we have this happen, it's just history and people really should be able to plan for this, which sadly many couldn't or didn't). This doesn't give the U.S. mail & postal service a good enough excuse to cut this out of their system, especially when they've had Santa letter programs like this for years despite the bad economic times.

I know that Christmas is more than just about giving and getting presents and letters to Santa, but it also gives many kids something to look forward to and believe in.