Thread: Christmas

Default Christmas

Does anyone else feel especially childish around the holidays? Though Christmas doesn't mean much to me spiritually, I love the season, and I love getting caught up in the excitement that seems palpable in the air. Is it just me, or do you feel the childhood excitement that goes with Christmas?

lol i do sometimes i like going to my grandmas cus there are alot of gifts there for everyone and i love how all the paper gets strewn all over the livening room ^_^ but i to have no "religious" tie to that day eather

An errie apparation says," Eben-ballucanb-nezer Scrooge, Tonight you will be visited by three spirits...".

I don't really get cought up in the "magic" of it but I do enjoy it because the whole family gets together for a gift exchange and a big meal. ^_^

Hellish nightmares from my youth are all the holidays bring. I'll be glad when it is January 02, 2010 and I can get on with life again.

I usually find it difficult to be outwardly excited about anything, for fear of looking ridiculous or of it coming back to haunt me in some way. That seems to have embedded itself in my mind, and I now don't get particularly excited about anything

Then again, with my family scattered all over the country, and mum (whom I'll be visiting over Christmas) disliking pretty much the entire rest of my family (her mum and my brother - her other son! - especially), I don't have a whole lot to be excited about. Ooh, big deal, I'll see mum, but we'll probably end up arguing. Two people sat in a room isn't exactly your typical family Christmas gathering, is it?

I suppose the break from work is welcome, though

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    An errie apparation says," Eben-ballucanb-nezer Scrooge, Tonight you will be visited by three spirits...".
    Still waiting for those sprits, sofar they are a NO show LOL.