Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a stuffer

Default Choosing a stuffer

I just recently stumbled upon the diaper stuffing video made by DannyTheNinja, and am interested in trying it out. The best quality diapers I am able to get are depends, and I would like to get a little more absorbency out of them.

I was wondering which baby diaper/pullup or whatever would be the best choice. I use medium depends maximum protection if that matters at all. I've taken a look around the forums and found the common choices to be goodnites, pampers or huggies, but didn't find any collective answer.

So overall, which brand/type would be the best choice, both cost wise and absorbency wise. Thanks for the help.

GaashaHuzzah

Well, if you can find ANY sharp object....

Cut a leak-through hole in one depends brand, put it on, then put on another without a leak hole.

Double the size and absorbancy

Quote Originally Posted by gaarafan4 View Post
    Well, if you can find ANY sharp object....

Cut a leak-through hole in one depends brand, put it on, then put on another without a leak hole.

Double the size and absorbancy
    I have done that, but after seeing the video for diaper stuffing, even if it is more work looks like it would work better. Plus it would save me from going through my stash twice as fast.

GaashaHuzzah

well, no matter what you do, you're going to end up using two diapers...

Quote Originally Posted by gaarafan4 View Post
    well, no matter what you do, you're going to end up using two diapers...
    Oh I realize that, but I would rather go through one baby diaper and one depends, then two depends at a time.

GaashaHuzzah

Ah, i getcha.

Well, in terms of "how much pee can this hold"-itude, i'd go with something with "dry" in the title.

Just a guess.

Default real stuffer/doubler

i know you said the best kind of diaper you can get is depends, but i don't know if that limits you to buy online or not.

if you can, a "real" doubler might work the best. xpmedical sells them for pretty cheap, one of the packs ("Abena Abri-Let Normal") actually works out to be like a quarter each, which isn't all that bad. although i have not tried them, i might buy a pack to see if they will extend the life of a diaper a bit!

if anyone has tried one, what do you think????

otherwise, baby diapers would give you some more absorption for a cheaper price than depends. That's my two cents at least!

Some things to note:
    -Overnight baby diapers are designed to hold more fluid than daytime diapers. They also swell very well. Good for stuffing.
    -Luvs are probably the cheapest name-brand diaper, even if their overnight product is hard to find.
    -I find it easier to stuff with actual diapers as opposed to pullups/goodnites.
    -I've tried the method you mentioned and honestly, I'm not impressed. It kind of pulls up the fluff in the diaper and makes it loose. I prefer my diapers to be well held together.

for a cheap stuffer, a size 6 baby diaper works wonders. I actually prefer them over normal stuffers as baby diapers have just as much absorbancy plus the bonus of leak guards, something normal stuffers don't offer (at least none i've seen)

Quote Originally Posted by TallestBabyEver View Post
    baby diapers have just as much absorbancy plus the bonus of leak guards
    This is true, I totally forgot about the leak guards. They're a fricken' godsend. They're quite a bit tighter fitting than adult leak guards, or at least that's what I've found. Especially if you're slashing the bottom of the baby diaper (so that the fluid is channeled to the center of the adult diaper) they really help to reduce leaks.