Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secure Personal Care - Premium Taped Briefs

Default Secure Personal Care - Premium Taped Briefs

Premium Taped Briefs : Secure Personal Care

Is there anything anyone could tell me about these? Any info would be cool if you have tried them out. I have no idea what they look like other than the illustration. Performance isn't a huge deal anyway - as long as they hold more than a Goodnite. I've tried the x-plus, and don't need anywhere near that amount of absorbancy, I just want something to play around with in public that's light and still of diaper-like quality.

If you want something from this company, I can only recommend the X-Plus and the Plus products. The one you're linking to has no taping panel, the tapes (also poor quality control, one missing tape on two diapers out of a single bag) are a bit oddly located and the fit is not good. It has no leak guards on the interior, either, and it tends to clump quickly when wet. It's a pity, because it's a very plain white, plastic shell diaper, aside from a size printed vertically on the crotch, and crinkly as heck, which is kind of fun if you're not concerned about the noise. I have to believe the capacity would exceed a GoodNite, but that's about the only thing that it has to recommend it.

The Plus is far superior, just being essentially a light use (about Depends thickness, but better absorbancy) version of the X-Plus. I wish I could say something better about the one you're asking about since I really think those other two are great products, but it's like this diaper is from a completely different company. Stick with Depends if it's a choice between those two. If for some reason you're not deterred, I can post some pics of them later, but I must run to work. I'll check back.

I have used the Plus and X-Plus. I like them both. I have thought about trying the premium since it does not have the taping panel and would be quieter. The cost difference is not that much between the Plus and the Premium, so I have always bought the Plus. Premium costs .63 per diaper, while the Plus costs .80 per diaper, and X-Plus cost $1.37

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I can post some pics of them later, but I must run to work. I'll check back.
    That would be really awesome of you if you could do that. It's hard to accurately visualize the real diaper from illustration and text.

Is there any reason why these are louder than an average diaper?
    I know the taping zone makes it loud with the other two products, but if this one lacks that, I don't understand what makes it loud.
    Also, do these diapers have a waistband of any type then? Or is the waistband similar to a Tranquility product?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussy View Post
    If you want a decent review, check this blog out.

I Heart Diapers|Perspectives of a 24/7 Diaper Lover
    That's for the x-plus
    Last edited by Boyhood; 19-Nov-2009 at 01:25.

They are louder because the front panel is very thick, they call it there landing zone for the tapes, I love secure x plus, I had the pleasure of using up an entire case of these.

I used the secure x plus and tena guards, all I can say was wow, that combination gets so thick after wet I lasted 9 hours of heavy wetting in this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    They are louder because the front panel is very thick, they call it there landing zone for the tapes, I love secure x plus, I had the pleasure of using up an entire case of these.
    Are you talking about the Premium Taped Briefs or the x-plus, because I thought the Premium Taped Briefs didn't have a taping zone.

I guess the only reason to prefer these over the Plus product is that they come in size small. As for the crinkly aspect, it's all in the plastic itself. It's more like the consistency of one of the more brittle (if that's the right word) grocery bags as opposed to the Plus or X-Plus, which are more supple. The tape panel on those two is the primary source of noise, and I don't find it to be that much compared to other products.

Premium inside view
    Premium outside view

Just left the links here as they're big pics and I don't want to distort the thread. As you can see, no taping panel, no waistband, and no leak barriers. Not a high-end product by any stretch of the imagination. Hope this is helpful.

I've only tried the Secure X-Plus...which I like very much. The Premiums look like they could be fun though. If you decide to try them I'd love to hear your opinion.

-Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I guess the only reason to prefer these over the Plus product is that they come in size small. As for the crinkly aspect, it's all in the plastic itself. It's more like the consistency of one of the more brittle (if that's the right word) grocery bags as opposed to the Plus or X-Plus, which are more supple. The tape panel on those two is the primary source of noise, and I don't find it to be that much compared to other products.

Premium inside view
    Premium outside view

Just left the links here as they're big pics and I don't want to distort the thread. As you can see, no taping panel, no waistband, and no leak barriers. Not a high-end product by any stretch of the imagination. Hope this is helpful.
    Yes, thank you very much for the help, Trevor. I do see where you're coming from, however they look fun regardless. Perhaps it is because they have the smallest wetness indicator I've ever seen on an adult diaper-- I like that. The lack of leg gathers and especially a waistband is the only thing I wish was different. Would you be able to compare the absorbancy to any other known diaper on the market?