Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ironies within *B/DL-ism

Default Ironies within *B/DL-ism

Has anyone else noticed many ironies regarding the *B/DL culture?

For example:

1. Many people who are *B/DLs seem to like music in the metal genre/subgenres, which is quite ironic considering music associated with infants and small children is usually things such as nursery rhymes.

2. I gag when I pick up dog poo (using a bag, because I own dogs), yet I like to...well, you know. It's interesting to note that things such as attraction and desire elimate all negative reactions to the object or scenario in question. (I'm asexual, and I think sex kinda seems a bit gross, but the rest of you are most probably thinking OMG ITS DA BEST FING EVAR)

3. *B/DLism and its "activities" are really quite weird, but if I have no access to "supplies" when I so desire them, my minds tries to rip itself apart in order to make me give in, and go get mahself some suhweet sweet padding.

Anyone else notice any other ironies?

We're all so focussed on gaining independence so that we can do what we want, but as soon as we gain that independence, we want nothing more than to be dependent on another person.

Well, we take control of our lives so we can go back to a place where we give all our control to a caretaker. What I'm trying to say, it takes so much control just to feel like we have no control. Does that make sense?

Maybe this one: We put ourselves in danger(of getting caught) so that we can feel safe by using diapers and pacis. :P idk

edit------ got to it before me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raos View Post
    We're all so focussed on gaining independence so that we can do what we want, but as soon as we gain that independence, we want nothing more than to be dependent on another person.

Following on from yours, Nick, it's ironic that we need these things to feel calm when it provides such a thrill.

And also, gaining independence to give it up still feels ironic, even if you can explain it. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Morsus View Post
    Anyone else notice any other ironies?
    yep: not that i'm an avid penis watcher but, it seems that the campest, gayest men have quite large penises. that sorta shakes the foundations of the pre-natal dna/hormone induced homosexuality theories.

It makes some generally awkward experiences when you have a partner who's on the other side of the spectrum, even though you want to do it so bad and you've fantasized about it.

In other words: When fantasies become reality, awkwardness settles in.

EDIT: Oh Ade! You've made my night!

Yeah, I've often pondered the independence vs. dependence contrast. I'm not sure I understand it yet, but I'm certainly aware of it in my own life. Great thread idea--I'll check back later.

Let's see...

Um...

Nuts--drawing a blank here. Certainly there must be more.

I think the biggest possible irony for ABism is that all ABs want to sweet, innocent, and cuddly, yet the majority, or the ones who post their pictures on the internet, are creepy, fat, and weird.

Quote Originally Posted by chillhouse View Post
    i think the biggest possible irony for abism is that all abs want to sweet, innocent, and cuddly, yet the majority, or the ones who post their pictures on the internet, are creepy, fat, and weird.
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    I think the biggest possible irony for ABism is that all ABs want to sweet, innocent, and cuddly, yet the majority, or the ones who post their pictures on the internet, are creepy, fat, and weird.
    PFTTTTT.

SO RIGHT.

Sparky is the exception to this. :heart: We all know how cute he is....