Thread: I hate Hurricane Ida!

Default I hate Hurricane Ida!

I live in the DMV area of the Midatlantic Region of the United States. Hurricane Ida has tormented pretty much all of the east coast of the United States over the past week giving us 3 straight days of endless rain. Fortunately I do not live in an area prone to flooding (Prayin for those who have sustained damage from the storm) but I am pissed from the storm. My Jordans got dirty cause some jackass at my school decided to pull the fire alarm one minute before the class where we received them (got my 25th straight Honor Roll with one C in BC Calculus), and my postseason coaching debut in my work's football team got postponed twice. Plus the gloomy and despair skyline and endless stories of those who have had much much worse than myself only makes me madder about the storm. What are your thoughts or stories about Hurricane Ida and why the Hurricane pisses you off. The New England Area must be feeling this just about now.

I live in northeast Pa we had one of the nicest weeks if no rain untill last night it rained very little and was gone by the afternoon today, we have had some beautys of hurricanes here in NEPA but this one was a joy.

Tomorrow it will be sunny and warm aprox 60+ another fine day to drive my car before it gets cold and miserable.

Living in central Virginia, we got 5 inches of rain in 3 days. We had some flooding, and our house lost electricity for several hours. Other than that, it just was terribly gloomy.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Living in central Virginia, we got 5 inches of rain in 3 days. We had some flooding, and our house lost electricity for several hours. Other than that, it just was terribly gloomy.
    yea, MoCo got a shitload of rain too. when didn't lose power though.

We have been getting a good bit a rain this week too but we use the rain. So we dont really complain about it. As for Hurricanes themselves, here we just do our normal prep for one and consider it a day off from work. Nothing we can really do about it

We got dumped on hard down here on the Eastern Shore. They even closed the causeway out to Chincoteague Island. I felt bad for those folks, they lost power for several hours, and couldn't leave. Surprisingly, we didn't even loose power. I did get a surprise three day weekend, though.

I had to fly right over the top of this thing not long after it had made landfall. Made for a bit of a bumpy ride at times.

I live a good distance away.

We now have snow in some parts of the state.

Sounds like you guys are getting what we got almost year-round out here. It was 1 day of sunshine, 2 days rain, 4 days lightning, a week! For.. Well, most of summer to fall, anyway. I wish it would stop with thunderstorms, as they scare me quite a bit.