Thread: Introduction, eh? :)

Smile Introduction, eh? :)

Ello everyone!

I've been lurking a while, and I figured that I should probably register and what not. After, of course, spending way too long deciding on a name that I hopefully won't soon regret, and which doesn't link me too obviously to my other online activities. Never easy, that :P

Prior warning: I may end up rambling a bit, since I'm still rather confused about what on earth I'm actually doing here Shall try to keep things succinct, though!

Firstly, I've been interested in diapers/nappies for many years, though, due to lack of privacy and such, I haven't yet got round to buying or wearing any (not since I was an actual baby, at least). I imagine that makes me pretty odd around here, but hey. If I lived alone, I'm sure things would be different, but I don't trust [some of] my housemates not to go snooping around my stuff, barging into my room unannounced or asking inconvenient questions I'm not really sure where any of it came from, though I do strangely recall intentionally wetting the bed at around age 6 (I think..). At the time I thought it was sheer laziness, but now I'm having second thoughts... I guess I'll never know.

I've ticked "Babyfur" in my profile, too, but that doesn't really fit me A generic "furry" label would probably fit me to some extent, but it's something that's kinda crept up on me recently. I've liked furry art for years, and have been known to act a bit kitten-ey (or just generically cute, fluffy cat-like) in online conversation, but only in the past few weeks have I begun to consider that I may well fit that label as well. 'tis all so confusing, heh :P So yeah, I've seen the "diaper fur" label mentioned, and I'll go with that rather than full-on babyfur.

As for a fursona, I don't really know, yet! A cat appeals to me, boring as it no doubt is, and probably a handful of years younger than my real age, I suppose? I dunno how this normally works That's all I've got, so far. Like I say, it's all a bit new to me; one step at a time! Username is unrelated, by the way. I've always been linked with badgers throughout my childhood, for some reason - plus, it's the name of a rather awesome character in Firefly! (Though Kaylee's still my favourite <3)

In my - I hesitate to say - "normal" life, I make a living as a Web developer, writing fancy applications using PHP, MySQL, JavaScript (way too much of it!), etc. I've dabbled with other languages (I'm particularly fond of C#/.NET), but I don't have much time for programming outside of work, so unless someone starts paying me to use them, I'm pretty much stuck with PHP - not that it's a bad language. Outside of work I spend a fair amount of time playing on my Xbox 360 - first person shooters, the occasional racing game, and a lot of Rock Band/Guitar Hero - and watching TV (Stargate Universe, Castle, Top Gear, Family Guy/American Dad, etc.). Oh, and I enjoy reading - especially Terry Pratchett, but I'm gradually expanding into other areas - but unfortunately I don't have the time for much of that these days. Can't wait until I can finally read Unseen Academicals!

I think that will do for now. Hopefully this wasn't too boring a read It should, at least, beat the single-line introductions I've seen around here. If there's anything that I've left out, please just prod me and I'll do something about it; I'm trying - as I imagine many/most are - to tread a fine line between telling you guys about myself while not allowing the Google "it must be sentient by now, surely?" Bot to link this profile with the rest of my life. One of my friends might be accepting, but I can't imagine any of my housemates being so >.<

This has to be done.

Badgers!

I will now read your introduction =)

Edit: Having now read said introduction, I come to the conclusion that it is rather good =) Have your first rep point. You seem like you will be a very good contributor. Welcome to the site =)

Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    This has to be done.

Badgers!
    Ah, the infinite looping of badgers, mushrooms and snakes. Classic...

Welcome to ADISC! You introduction was very detailed. Thats good, it beats the crap out of my introduction. We often have to tell our newbies to say something more than "hello" so it was a refreshing change.

Once again welcome, hope you enjoy your time here!

Badgers!
    Bwahaha! Yes, that cartoon did cross my mind when considering my username choice. There are definitely worse things to be associated with

*bounces*

That song's gonna be going round my head all night, now...

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    We often have to tell our newbies to say something more than "hello" so it was a refreshing change.
    I figured you guys deserved something more than "hello" for once

Thanks for the welcome, guys

Asher

This has to be done.

Badgers!
    WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?! ...That was one of the most interesting loop videos I have ever seen...ever!

Anyway, welcome to ADISC, Badger (love your user name by the way!). I hope you enjoy the site, and if you have any questions feel free to ask; we don't bite (well... some of us might... )

Hey, and welcome to ADISC.

I wouldn't say you a minority with your limited access to diapers/nappies. There is a pretty large group of people here in a very similar situation, so welcome to the club.

Seems like you lead a pretty busy life. Stop by here sometime though, http://www.adisc.org/forum/computers...rtag-list.html, there are a lot of other XBOX guys around here. Stick around, and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Welcome

Welcome to ADISC! Wish that every intro can be as extensive as this but this will never happen. Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Sports?
    Hah, I'm afraid not I've just never been interested in any. I didn't mind playing stuff like badminton in school - not that I can imagine doing that any more - but watching sports is pretty boring for me. I do have housemates who very noisily watch football (the European kind) quite a lot, though

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Hah, I'm afraid not I've just never been interested in any. I didn't mind playing stuff like badminton in school - not that I can imagine doing that any more - but watching sports is pretty boring for me. I do have housemates who very noisily watch football (the European kind) quite a lot, though
    I don't think Southampton fans have a whole lot to cheer about, do they?

Honestly, I wouldn't know! *grins*

This is a house largely full of students, though, so they're originally from all over the country. They're either supporting the team local to where they grew up, or just supporting whoever happens to be winning these days. I'm sure that if I'd paid some attention to their conversations, I would know who they're cheering for, but I faze out just as much as they do when I start talking about computer programming