Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La-Mulana!

Default La-Mulana!

Anyone else heard of this game? It's an awesome adventure game - a HUGE area to explore, with tons upon tons of puzzles and secrets to figure out and piece together. Anyone who is a fan of adventures and puzzles should try it out. n.n

There's a download and a translation patch here.

Be warned, however. La-Mulana is not a forgiving game, in any regard. The game is filled to the brim with traps. It is not afraid to kill you, and it gets very good in its attempts. If something looks like a trap, assume it is. The puzzles are also very cryptic and unforgiving, but clues to the solutions can always be found on a tablet somewhere in the ruins. Some puzzles can seem like they've done nothing, when they have actually changed something in a different area of the ruins, and gotten you one step closer to the treasure.

So, if this thread didn't completely fail, give the game a try! This post doesn't really begin to describe it. n.n;

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Cool, will check this out.

...where is the skimpy swimsuit?...
    In the most cruel area imaginable. If you figure out the obscure riddles to gain entrance, manage to brave the trials therein, and somehow not lose your sanity, you will weep actual tears of despair.

I am not kidding.

Anyway, you have to beat all 8 of the Guardians first, so don't get it in your head that you're gonna be able to find it anytime soon.

I think I have heard of it before. Not really sure though. Sounds interesting though.

So this is one of those "You will never beat this game!" games? I doubt I have the patience for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonite View Post
    In the most cruel area imaginable. If you figure out the obscure riddles to gain entrance, manage to brave the trials therein, and somehow not lose your sanity, you will weep actual tears of despair.

I am not kidding.

Anyway, you have to beat all 8 of the Guardians first, so don't get it in your head that you're gonna be able to find it anytime soon.
    Aaaah, gotcha.

So we are talking the near impossible level, I see. BUT, there is nothing this electronic matrix we call the internet can't answer! Muhahahah...

..Or maybe there is..

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    So this is one of those "You will never beat this game!" games? I doubt I have the patience for it.
    Oh, it's not like that. It's just that this game doesn't mess around. You've got to keep everything in a row and be clever to beat it. It's hard, incredibly hard, but it's not impossible. Not even that "dear god this game is so unfair" near-impossible type stuff of I Wanna Be The Guy fame. (Well, maybe Hell Temple. But that's optional.)

Yeah, that's exactly the game I was thinking. Glad it's not THAT difficult. Maybe I will give this a try when I can.

I really like games like that, but right now I'm caught up in playing Borderlands and Demons Souls. And Demons Souls is hard enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly the game I was thinking. Glad it's not THAT difficult. Maybe I will give this a try when I can.
    Yeah. I probably described it in totally the wrong way. It's not unfair, it's not everything trying to kill you. It's more meant to confuse and confound you with obscure puzzles and such.